Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since only 97-98 Supras had the "turbo" badging how is it possible to tell if 93-96's are turbo or not? Obviously if you look under the hood its easy but im talking about seeing one go by on the street ..

·
Pro Formula Mazda Driver
82 Posts
All 1993-1998 Supras had the Turbo emblems.

Look at the calipers. Only the Turbos have Supra painted on them.

Turbos only came with the rear wing- it was an option on the NA. 17" wheels were standard on the Turbo as well. Hope this helps.

·
Always Furious. Now Fast.
447 Posts
Ummmm.... An Intercooler is a dead giveaway.

That is really the only surefire way. The brakes and callipers were bigger and fixed on the TT, but sometimes N/A's swap.

Stock rims were 17 on the TT vs. 16 on the NA, but again the aftermarket rims kill that clue.

And probably 75% of N/A's also had the wind installed as a dealer option so scratch that.

The turbo decal was also an option on most years, but I think standard on 97+

So - back to the original comment, and intercooler is the only way you can really know for sure.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
the wing was not standard on all supra turbos, some didn't have it... i remember shopping around for a tt with my dad back in 95 and some didn't have the wing...

i'd say the there's two ways when your driving by it...
1.) stock 17" wheels
2.) it's really fast, plus you can hear the turbos when it flies by... had it happen to me just last week... damn those things are quick :D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 95 na and the "supra" is painted on them-the calupers that is-but i believe they are bigger on the tt's. all tt's had 17's frome the factory. . .in erlier years-i think till 94 they were not chrome, but that is usually a way to tell (unless tt rims are put on an N/A-wich i almost did) somebut not all say turbo on the back, and if it's a 6 or 5 spd (5spd = N/A)

·
road hazard
452 Posts
stormformance said:
I nave a 95 na and the "supra" is painted on them-the clupers that is-but i believe they are bigger on the tt's.
did you purchase your na brand new or used? i don't think the na's came with "supra" painted on the calipers from the factory. maybe the previous owner painted them on if it is used.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did buy it used, however i have repainted them since and i did put the "supra" on them . But they did say "supra" on th front very faintly before i did paint them, almost unnoticable, but they were there and they had not been painted. . . and i'm absoluteley sure of it-i work at a body shop and i paint, they had never been painted.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
stormformance said:
I did buy it used, however i have repainted them since and i did put the "supra" on them . But they did say "supra" on th front very faintly before i did paint them, almost unnoticable, but they were there and they had not been painted. . . and i'm absoluteley sure of it-i work at a body shop and i paint, they had never been painted.
very interesting. the na's i've seen so far don't have anything painted on the calipers. do you happen to have a pic of it? i might be interested in doing my calipers in the future.

thanks.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Like i said, i've since repainted them and i put it on myslef, . . . i'll see if i can get a pic and send it to you.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
my dad is the original owner of a supra SE and they had supra on the calipers... mine also has it but is kinda faint now.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"toySupra1". . .what's your email address, if you want i can send you a picture of my calupers in a few days after i get them off my friends digital camera

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe that NA has different wheels (I think they have a gold Toyota symbol)

·
Registered
126 Posts
toysupra1 said:

very interesting. the na's i've seen so far don't have anything painted on the calipers. do you happen to have a pic of it? i might be interested in doing my calipers in the future.

thanks.
I have a 95na also and I have the Supra logo on my front Calipers, but not on the rear.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Another good way to tell if a Supra is turbo.................If your son looks at you and say's Daddy, what was that whistling blur!:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just pull them over i try to play it off i got a non turbo but i guess the front mount kinda kills that dont it lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts