Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just traded my friend for his turbo and he didnt know what it was either. I heard you can take off the compressor housing and measure it but how do you measure it? Also how can you tell what trim it is? All i know is it might be a t-66 but it has a .58 exhaust housing on it.

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,487 Posts
playb0i said:
eh, i guess you could compare it side by side, and see who's bigger.

LOL
lol

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
spooler21 said:
Well i just traded my friend for his turbo and he didnt know what it was either. I heard you can take off the compressor housing and measure it but how do you measure it? Also how can you tell what trim it is? All i know is it might be a t-66 but it has a .58 exhaust housing on it.
you traded your turbo for his without knowing what his turbo was???

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah we took the compressor housing off each one and his was 3/4 in. bigger from the way we were measuring it. But i know it wasnt the right way because my turbo was a t60-1 and it measured 3 in. and thats 76mm. I just wanted to know how to measure the wheel and how to tell what trim it is.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Get some calipers and measure the exducer diameter, and the inducer diameter. If it is a T66, then the inducer will measure about 66mm. The exducer would be about 91mm. If it is truly 3/4" bigger than a 60-1 then there is no trim level for it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well im not sure if its a t66 but thats what the guy said it was when he bought the car. So to find out if it was a t66 i would wrap a measuring tape around the inducer fins?

·
Defender of the Universe
463 Posts
you dont wrap a measuring tape around the fins, thats measuring circumference, you want to measure diameter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts