Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to test the TPS and the spark plug coils to see if they are in good working order? I believe mine might be causing some of my hesitation problems. Any help would be great.

·
Very Senior Member
9,949 Posts
ttmkiv said:
Anyone know how to test the TPS and the spark plug coils to see if they are in good working order? I believe mine might be causing some of my hesitation problems. Any help would be great.
Well, I hope you have better luck than me......
According to the '94 Manual, to check the coil packs:
1. remove cover
2. disconnect ignition coil connectors
3. Using an ohmmeter, measure the resistance between the (+) and (-) terminals - they should be
0.54 - 0.84 ohm (cold, or
0.68 - 0.98 ohm (hot).
"If the resistance is not as specified, replace the ignition coil".
When we tested mine, they ALL measured about 1.5 - 1.6 ohm. I dunno if it was the ohmmeter or us, but I don't think ALL the packs were bad. The measurement was OK when we checked the camshaft position sensors.
Needless to say I didn't replace the coil packs.
Are you talking about the throttle position sensor or turbo pressure sensor? I think I might need to do either/both myself.
Actually, I think I may have to get someone else (dealer?) to do it.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks for the help! I am talking about the Throttle Position Sensor. My car has a real bad hesitation at initial throttle, and someone suggested to me that i check my TPS and plug coils, to make sure they are within spec..

·
Registered
638 Posts
bringing this post back from the dead to check for an update if there is any???

I am having an identical hesitation problem ttmkiv, and I have noticed this is a problem shared with more than a few of us after going full fuel. Is there a solution out there?

ttmkiv said:
Thanks for the help! I am talking about the Throttle Position Sensor. My car has a real bad hesitation at initial throttle, and someone suggested to me that i check my TPS and plug coils, to make sure they are within spec..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts