Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the car running and idling pretty good. All sensors seem like they work.
Idling rich around 11.2-12.0.. But starts and idling steady at 1000 rpm

But when I got to blip the throttle, the wide and gauge ones way lean and as soon as I let off, it comes back. When I blip it and goes lean, it seems like it chokes.

If I get the rpm up above 2k rpm with smooth throttle, then blip the throttle the response is pretty instantaneous and wideband a/f doesn't got lean either..

Any recommendation on how to correct this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Before you starting messing with transient responses (accel and decel), I would first tune the car on a dyno for steady state conditions, and then once those are pretty much spot on, you tune for accel and decel ONCE and be done with it.

:)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Before you starting messing with transient responses (accel and decel), I would first tune the car on a dyno for steady state conditions, and then once those are pretty much spot on, you tune for accel and decel ONCE and be done with it.

:)
This. Make sure it's not the fuel map that's the issue. However, it is normal to require a larger accel fuel event at lower RPMs. Another factor that affects this is the injection timing (timing of the injector firing event) which is most important near idle and light load. All AEM EMS units have several settings and tables that allow you to fine tune this.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what are the settings and tables that allow changing of injection timing??

accel and decel is in the Accel Tab: graph tables- dTPS accel and accel vs. throttle right?

thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
AlaskaUSA not to be mean or anything, but once again you are asking a lot of questions about basic tuning and navigation of the software. Please do everyone here a favor. Any of these would work.

1. Take your car to a Tuner in your area to get completed.
2. Sign up for a classes with EFI101.
3. Download AEMPro software. Navigate to C -> Program Files x86 -> AEM -> AEMPro -> Instructions. Scroll down to the file AEM EFI Basics V1.3 Read that entire document and get to know it. Than go to C -> Program Files x86 -> AEM -> AEMTuner -> Instructions -> EMS-4 Intsall and Tuing Guide Rev 1.7. Read that entire document as all of that is the same for the Series 2. It will show you where all the tables are and how they work.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand.. But is there a specific table graph or settings to help with that leaning out at blip issue?
I've played with almost every setting in the accel tab and a few others.

Appreciate any tips to help this issue if anyone knows

·
Registered
232 Posts
I understand.. But is there a specific table graph or settings to help with that leaning out at blip issue?

Yes its called tune the Main fuel map than understand what the accel fuel is doing and tune that. Same thing we have been saying please refer to post #5

·
Registered
1,602 Posts

Tune your VE table and use stock ignition map numbers to keep it safe. Also, make sure you had sync'ed your timing using a timing light.

If you can tune the VE table to have Lambda 1 match the lambda target values, (without changing the throttle position), then adjusting the accel numbers will be a piece of cake after. But, until you do that, playing with accel with never get you what you want.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'll try looking in the ignition map also, thx.. is it true higher ignition values will make it run a bit leaner?

my a/f ratio at idle is still 10.5-11.5 no matter how much I try to lean it out.. the injectors are Fic 1450cc low impedence.. could it be that?

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
i'll try looking in the ignition map also, thx.. is it true higher ignition values will make it run a bit leaner?

my a/f ratio at idle is still 10.5-11.5 no matter how much I try to lean it out.. the injectors are Fic 1450cc low impedence.. could it be that?
For idling, you want to "cradle" the timing. I use 15* at 1000, 18* at 500 and it ramps up fairly quickly to low 30*'s by 1800-2000rpm. You do not want much higher than 15* at the base because you want to have the ability to control timing use feedback to maintain the constant idle values you chose.

Low impedance injectors are tougher to manage at low rpm's. my 1000cc low impedance idle at 13.5, anything much higher and the pulse is too small. So, a high impedance injector is your best fit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts