Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vigilante Toyo Tech
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 5spd 93 NA rear diff assy, complete...

and i also recently bought a TT auto lsd Diff (diff only)

I have heard that it can be done......

But:

What is required to perform this swap of installing the auto LSD into the 5spd rear diff to convert it into a true TT auto lsd rear end?

Do i need to buy an ass load of new parts? anyone done this before?

-brad

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Post in the NA section. That is where you will get the answers. It has been done and is common among NA-T. You should also contact DAVEH, as he will more then likely know how to do it. I heard it was suppose to be a drop in deal.

·
wasting my life on SF
1,808 Posts
im pretty sure that it is a simple "drop in" but the NA section is the place for this for sure.

·
Vigilante Toyo Tech
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok thanks!

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
The axles will be a direct bolt in, not sure about mating up of the driveshaft, but it should be the same. I would reccomend new seals and carrier bearings while it is out. Enjoy!

Andrew

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
Are you putting this into a NA Auto car or a 5 speed car or TT Auto or 6 SPeed?
New seals all around would be recommended. You will have to swap the ring gear from the old diff to the new LSD diff. This will basically make it a 5 speed geared, 4.27, diff with LSD. If you are matting this to an auto tranny it will throw the speedo off. You will also need the rear 5 speed drive shaft tp mate to it as I think they are different by I'm not 100% sure.

·
Vigilante Toyo Tech
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you putting this into a NA Auto car or a 5 speed car or TT Auto or 6 SPeed?
New seals all around would be recommended. You will have to swap the ring gear from the old diff to the new LSD diff. This will basically make it a 5 speed geared, 4.27, diff with LSD. If you are matting this to an auto tranny it will throw the speedo off. You will also need the rear 5 speed drive shaft tp mate to it as I think they are different by I'm not 100% sure.
I'd be putting it into a TT with a TH400 in it.

-brad

(i dont have anything from the TT pupmkin, just the lsd itself.)

·
Over Medicated
2,718 Posts
I'd be putting it into a TT with a TH400 in it.

-brad

(i dont have anything from the TT pupmkin, just the lsd itself.)
What is the gearing on the TH400? Are you going to be using an overdrive unit on it? That car will probably be crazy quick out of the hole but I wouldn't expect a whole lot up top.

·
Vigilante Toyo Tech
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the gearing on the TH400? Are you going to be using an overdrive unit on it? That car will probably be crazy quick out of the hole but I wouldn't expect a whole lot up top.
Its beening built for just drag, trailer car

1 - 10 of 10 Posts