Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how people go about using their ipods with their HUs? After reading about the AVN6600 it says it's made for the iPod... but how exactly do you integrate the two?????

I tried looking on the site and couldn't find any info. Do you have to buy a separate part???

·
Registered
84 Posts
HUs with the integration use a docking cable so you can control your HU through the ipod or vise versa depending on th HU. my friends JVC just uses the AUX inputs so you c hange songs on the ipod but control the sound on the deck. the 6600 probobly controls everything on the deck screen.

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,922 Posts
the 6600 is made for the ipod meaning that you can fully control the ipod through the screen. the w200 is the same way and is "full speed" cable compatible, just like the D310 is compatible with the KCA-420i.

you can also just connect through the AV or Aux input with either a mini jack extension or an RCA to mini cable.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Most of the double din monitor units coming out have separate ipod adaptors that offer the full control (playlists, songs, volume, etc.) through the unit.

I just settled on the pioneer Z1 and the ipod controller as well for my setup personally. If I can be of help, lemme know.

Adam

·
BOOBIES
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Adrocktt said:
Most of the double din monitor units coming out have separate ipod adaptors that offer the full control (playlists, songs, volume, etc.) through the unit.

I just settled on the pioneer Z1 and the ipod controller as well for my setup personally. If I can be of help, lemme know.

Adam
I am strongly considering buying the Z1 so you have a PM :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts