Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fatty McFatty pants
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my blown turbo with one with 50k on it (stock ct26) and I finally got everything working right and replaced a ripped lower intercooler hose, finally I test drive it and bam....the car hits fuel cut and the check engine light stays on forever and once it finally goes off, the car bogs and even dies. Checked all hoses, their all still in place, turn the car on again, the engine doesn't idle stable anymore, when I accelerate, the car barely moves, can't get past 10 mph or 5 even....once I let off the throttle the car actually accelerates a little bit, and the whole time the engine just sounds like it's dying out....help?

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
EvoLuTioN said:
I just replaced my blown turbo with one with 50k on it (stock ct26) and I finally got everything working right and replaced a ripped lower intercooler hose, finally I test drive it and bam....the car hits fuel cut and the check engine light stays on forever and once it finally goes off, the car bogs and even dies. Checked all hoses, their all still in place, turn the car on again, the engine doesn't idle stable anymore, when I accelerate, the car barely moves, can't get past 10 mph or 5 even....once I let off the throttle the car actually accelerates a little bit, and the whole time the engine just sounds like it's dying out....help?
Plug in your AFM. :p

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Check the lower intercooler pipe again. Maybe you didnt put it on good enough and as soon as you hit boost it popped off again. Do you have a boost controller? If so try to turn that down a bit. Also if you do figure out the problem reset the ecu too.

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
Sounds like a boost leak somewere.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Boost leak will still allow you to go over 10 mph, check ur afm man, spark plugs too!

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,143 Posts
MADSUPRA88 said:
Boost leak will still allow you to go over 10 mph, check ur afm man, spark plugs too!
Not when the pipe is nearly off... you can't even crawl with a karmen sensor before the turbo.

I say check the pipes too.

If you have an air compressor make a boost leak tester... this thing been a very useful tool. :)

·
SecretService.jp
673 Posts
^ BTW, he's since given up on it... For now, at least.

~Cheers~

1 - 8 of 8 Posts