Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supra TT Coming Soon
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it going i did a search couldnt really find much but i just want to know how people have painted their dash and have done it properly.. i would like to do this soo if you can just let me know what to use and if you have done it post some pics!!
thanks soo much boys !!

·
Speed limits = Guidelines
1,964 Posts
i stripped all my panels of that rubbery coating they have, then i primed them

after primer is on you can pretty much paint them with anything...i used laquer based paint...maybe throw a clear coat on there if you want some shine and extra protection

spray can enamel will do the trick also

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts

·
VVT-i FTW
628 Posts

·
Supra TT Coming Soon
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright thanks man.. yeahh sorry about that i didnt search dash paint .. my bad but i want to just confirm you just use the "goof off" stuff for the removal of the rubber coating then spray the valspar primer.. then do a few more coats of that or can i paint it then put the primer.??

·
Band on the Run
1,053 Posts
once the rubber coating is off you can spray it whatever you want. just make sure the surface is smooth and clean. I sprayed mine with the Duplicolor truck liner Storm Grey T414 . Its a really great color its not too light and its not to dark. My dash looks almost brand new, the paint looks clean and the texture feels smooth after its dried properly. Also its more scratch resistant then the rubber crap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts