Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you protect a MKII Supra from getting stolen granded the keys are not in the car? And you have know Alarm.

·
Boost Dealer
980 Posts
1) make a kill switch
2) take the COIL with you
3) make a starter kill

etc.

G

·
hum?

Good question, I parked mine downtown one night to eat with my family.....And some punk-asses busted out the drivers window and cut out the afc and my brand new pioneer deck......they cut the afc wire right by the afc hardshell case......bastards probably don't even know what it was for......It was parked in a well lit area with a good number of people near by.....I guess it would have helped if my 115 lb rottie was chillin in the back...they probably would have tried to take him too....then I really would have found them.......Anyway I like the last guys idea....make some kind of toggle/kills switch and mount it somewhere where no one can see it...flip that fool before you start it and go...

G

·
Heres some Ideas.

1. Hidden fuel pump kill switch.
2. Removeable steering wheel.
4. Autolock
5. Really good alarm with hood and trunk switches.

Any or all of the above.
I plan on doing all of the above..... but removing the steering wheel for long term parking only.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
you could sleep in your car. no really, get a good alarm, maybe a club on the steering wheel. Fuel cut of switch.

G

·
Glue a dildo on the seat. Nobody will want to sit down on THAT. And it should only take a week or seven to get used to the feeling. :shrug:

·
Boostin
1,280 Posts
an Flip switch...

to kill the battery or an window sensor that when the window broke or if the window is flex the alarm would go on. That what I am going to get.

·
Registered
81 Posts
a lot of the old VW guys just yank the coil wire when they park. Any idiot can hotwire a car, not many carry a spare wire.

·
Boost Dealer
980 Posts
yeah but normally if you take the coil wire, IF they know what
they are doing, they can take a spark plug wire and make it a
coil wire, and run the car on 5 cyl. I knew a guy with a V8 that
had that happen to him.

Sucks

Jeff

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
some people use a batery cut off switch, that has a fuse on it, so you dont lose your sterio settings... like 20 bucks i think?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts