Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
say I was about 6 hrs away from a company that had a front clip I wanted, would it be cheaper to pick it up rather than pay shipping (should be crazy high). If so, how in the hell do you pick up a front clip? If this is the wrong section, let me know where to post. Off Topic is just TOO off topic.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
ChallenSup said:
pickup truck and/or a trailer.

borrow if you dont have one.

/thread
Yup, once hauled a NSX front clip in a Escalade EXT bed. Fit like a glove!

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Bmw_Neo_Type said:
You mean Rear Clip :sadance:
No front clip. Had a mint condition one owner supercharged NSX that was hit in the front. Picked up a front clip from Toronto. Long drive, but front clips are real hard to come by for those cars.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
i have picked up a ton of front clips with a pickup. It usually just fit in bit diaganol, but put a strap across that bitch and go for a ride.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i think he means how do you actually lift it up into the bed of your truck or trailer..

I once picked up a half car but it had front wheels on it so we just rolled it onto a trailer.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
For the NSX front clip we lifted that all aluminum piece easily. For a front clip with a engine your gonna need an engine hoist or a pallett jack.

·
Supra hail dent king :(
1,155 Posts
yeap. you can run some chain(s) (if the shocks aren't in place) from one side of the strut holes to another and pick it up. it might lean a little to one side or another. (maybe vertical sometimes) but that's the easier with a engine hoist. or pull the engine out. lay it on a tire in the back of whatever you're using. and take the dash etc and eveyrthing else you want and leave them with the shell. hehe.

·
6,137 Posts
lis2k said:
For the NSX front clip we lifted that all aluminum piece easily. For a front clip with a engine your gonna need an engine hoist or a pallett jack.
I dont know what kind of vagina-licious friends you have, a few guys on a front clip even with an engine isnt that bad. :1poke: even at a thousand pounds, 5 guys with you its easy. Save the time of doing a hoist

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Mr. Wob said:
I dont know what kind of vagina-licious friends you have, a few guys on a front clip even with an engine isnt that bad. :1poke: even at a thousand pounds, 5 guys with you its easy. Save the time of doing a hoist
Sorry but when your putting something into the back of a new 60K+ truck, I'd rather be careful than be a tough guy. If you drive a p.o.s. then by all means toss it in there.

·
6,137 Posts
U-Haul renta truck FTW.

·
!black
4,622 Posts
I've used uhaul trailers (the biggest one they have) for clip moves. Just bring a hoist with you and it's a no brainer. Take the fenders off to save yourself a bit of wiggle room :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts