Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wondering how you guys would clean your engine bay. I normally just use a damped cloth but I don't dare to spray anything in it, but I'm pretty sure you can. Also how would you guys normally clean your supra for the summer? Exterior, interior, windows, carpets etc. What product you guys recommend as well as waxing your supra? Lets all share!

· WIPLSH / HWY KNG
514 Posts
The Gunk degreaser works great!:beer: If you don't wipe it all off (or hose it off) it smells funny for a few days.

I follow up with mothers chrome polish on all the stuff that needs it.

· Registered
196 Posts
Gunk degreaser FTW!

Lots of that, and then rinse it off. My engine bay has been power washed several times with no problems, just taking care around electronic components, and with a softer spray setting. Never on a hot engine, and I let stuff thoroughly dry before driving.

If it doesn't need a heavy degreaser, I touch up with either Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner, or their Super Degreaser... I use 10:1 dilutions usually.

Nice dressing for the plastic/rubber, and some good ol' metal polish for anything like that :)

· Registered
532 Posts
I'd have to agree, good old elbow grease is really the only way to go. Just spray and rinse may sound easy, but it does not get rid of all the dirt.

There is a technique that I use when doing the engine bay. I make sure the engine is running. I will do all my normal routine, soap, soak, scrub, rinse, etc. After rinsing the bay off, I will spray on a layer of Armor-All, especially on the plastics and rubber. Close the hood, give it 5 minutes and you have a pretty looking engine bay. This is only done on my dailys, since this method won't work with any type of polished or chromed parts.

Anyone else do this?

· King of Snark
2,126 Posts
I use that imus green stuff on a toothbrush.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.