Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the whp limits of the stock CT26? I've looked at the Dyno page above. The most I've seen so far was 300 at 15 psi.

Surely some of you guys have dyno'ed or know of someone that has dyno'ed around 18 psi or more on the stock CT26.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
DougyD19 said:
What are the whp limits of the stock CT26? I've looked at the Dyno page above. The most I've seen so far was 300 at 15 psi.

Surely some of you guys have dyno'ed or know of someone that has dyno'ed around 18 psi or more on the stock CT26.

CT-26 is said to blow hot air after 15 psi... unless you don't mind detonation, I wouldn't run it more than 15 psi.

BUT if you have an upgraded intercooler and water injection, I say go for it!

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
I believe its after 16psi the turbo just runs out of efficiency... probably 15 though.

Im also interested in what the stock ct record may be?...

Tim

·
Savage Member
1,033 Posts
I was running 18psi for a while.. And there is a difference between 15 and 18; and I never had any detonation running 18 psi. However, my turbo is shot from it spiking every so often since to hit the 18 w/ the MBC I had to feather the gas pedal; I couldn't just go WOT.

I dynoed @ like 287 HP and 334 TQ @ 12 psi; A/f ratio was less than 10:1.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The more VE mods your car has....the turbo will run out of efficient air at a lower psi. That's why I was asking at what whp level.

If the car's VE is not modded, the psi will be higher and the whp will be lower.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
what is VE?

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
SupraPowerr said:
I thought you weren't suppose to boost past 7 PSI. That's what is says in the TSRM. :dark:
oops, mine's at 8 better take it to the dealer to get it fixed :bowrofl:

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
depending on temp, humidity, etx, also your intercooler pipes (metal, jet-coated, ffi for the whole few hp) and intercooler, average is about 300 at 13~psi and on stock trim your gonna about max it out at 320 (short of something drastic that really doesnt warrant the cost of at least not trimming the turbo), trimmed on the other hand......

<l><l>

·
Registered
150 Posts
snake eyes said:
depending on temp, humidity, etx, also your intercooler pipes (metal, jet-coated, ffi for the whole few hp) and intercooler, average is about 300 at 13~psi and on stock trim your gonna about max it out at 320 (short of something drastic that really doesnt warrant the cost of at least not trimming the turbo), trimmed on the other hand......

<l><l>
Trimmed???? Do you mean clipped?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I always wanted to max out the stock ct26 but didnt get the chance. I did do 257rwhp and 301bft @11psi. My friend might be buying a stock supra soon so I might get him to try and see just how much he can get out of it.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
dallas_wrx_blue said:
Just wondering what's up with the A/F ratios of 18:1
heh, yeah, so was i. the guy at the dyno said it was fine. shortly after i left, i bumped the fuel pressure back up a bit...

-shaeff

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
Blown95Cobra said:
Trimmed???? Do you mean clipped?
ya my bad

<l><l>

1 - 20 of 22 Posts