Supra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy Folks -

(Note: this is also posted over on ModernMuscle)

After my local guys got my car really dialed in a running solid (thank you Speedcraft!) I figured I'd run it a few months before exploring the current output - or my lack of.

I think i have the answer, but here's what I've observed - first off, a number of T04R owners seeing a good 30+ more HP than my setup with things nearly being equal. Now granted there are a number of envornmental variables, and as Rob from RPS told me, with just a wheel change he can "create" 20 more ponies on a dyno, but talking rough averages here.

It looks like I may be peaking out on my boost controller - I'm running a Greddy Profec-b which I understand is known to limit the upper boost capacity of single turbos. I've seen pretty much a 1.7 1 kg/cm^2 upper hold reading on my boost gauge, meaning my ~590whp probably equates to about ~24.1psi of boost. Certainly there's plenty left in the fuel/turbo setup - so I'm having an HKS EZ installed and see what the car will pull with ~26psi - I'm assuming much closer to the other T04R dynos I see (in the 620-640 range).

Then while it's under the knife, going to add some 264 cams which should be good (from what I've read online) for another 40-50 ponies, though it may push the power curve up 100-200 rpms (though Steve H. recently added cams and it *improved* his peak hp curve!)

Thanks for any input/comments/taunting, etc!! :cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nils -

Yeah, I'm probably obsessing with something that has no bearing on my enjoyment of the car (and on the street) - the car feels good, pulls strong. I just want to make sure I'm optimizing my setup though - I figure with the EZ to assure I'm getting the max boost the turbo/fuel can accomodate, and the cams to give me a little more, I'll at least see what the car is capable of.

DT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.