Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
if only the search button worked, haha.

I think its funny reading these kinds of posts and no one being able to say "search noob!" "ever heard of search?" etc

to answer your question, besides different cams and turbos, a usdm setup will be running a maf, i beleive the jdm ones had a map sensor and no maf.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
i'm not buying what most people say about the JDM turbos. when you think about it most jspec cars have 280 too, forgot which models

·
Registered
31 Posts
the turbos are ceramic.. so the benefit would be that it spools very nicely ... almost like an NA.... i'm going to guess that the steel will spool slower but will hold higher psi

·
Registered
475 Posts
^ it was always acting up showing blank screens and other probs so i guess they just decided to take it off.
any ways back on topic:
the jdm is rated at 280 hp but i saw a member on the forum that dynoed his stock j spec and dynoed some where around 290. the problem is that in japan they cant claim higher horsepower rating because of emissions
and as for differences if its a turbo vvti its a j specs

·
1,070 Posts
Japanese car manufacturers had a "gentlemen's agreement" not make a car with more than 280 horsepower. I don't think they have it anymore.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts