Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys... I wanna hear some opinions from HPF clutch owners... and I also have some questions for you guys... how does the pedal feel? Mine feels kinda spongy and it feels softer than the stock clutch.... I need more feed back before I take it back to the mechanics that worked on the car... I have a feeling its not aligned or there is air in the lines or something... I need to try to narrow it down to see how to fix this problem...

Thanks
Flipn

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump... come on guys.. I know there are ppl running HPF clutch... I just wanna how the pedal feels.. with the ACT PP...

Flipn

·
Registered
479 Posts
mine is actually 20-30% stiffer. It feel good and not too much presure. However, I have a problem with first gear. It seem to be hitting something before it goes in. Feels like the presure plate is not opening up all the way.

Any Idea on how to adjust this?

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm.... Mine feels 15-20% SOFTER... and first gear it does slip a little... I am taking it back to the mech to see if there is air on line...but right now it definitly feels SOFTER than the stock clutch.. Any suggestions??

Thanks
Flipn

·
Registered
479 Posts
wow, seem like your presure plate may not be good!.. when I had the clutchmaster presure plate in there it was soft, like 15-20%.. well as you may of read... I end up busting that thing at that track.

·
@turbolex.com
350 Posts
mine is like 30% stiffer than stock. ...If its slipping in 1st then there is a problem with the pressure plate gripping.. odviously

mine is great, a little chatter now and then, but its all worth having a clutch that holds power.

-Derek

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, I will call HPF today and try to get a replacement for that PP or something...

Thanks
Flipn

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Yuck, 3 different people said their's slips in firt gear. Get the ACT clutch on suprastore.com.

S

·
0 Posts
I have the HPF clutch with the ACT plate. The ACT plate is out of balance and the engine therefore has a wobble at 1500rpm. The disc itself grinds when used frequently in on/off traffic - like it overheats quickly. It also squeals sometimes. So far, it hasn't slipped, though and it chatters less than the RPS. Overall it is better than the RPS, but it still leaves alot to be desired. Tilton needs to make a clutch for us.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts