Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· wastegate hose is pulled
4,779 Posts
Absolutely no need to take the bumper or bumper cover off. Some people get hung up on bending the A/C lines. Wasn't a big deal for me once I realized I had to do it. I wasn't real happy about how the fender pipe fit so close to the wiring that runs thru there. I extended the wiring and ran it thru the snorkel port. Pretty straightforward install overall.

4,779 Posts
Ok, I went out and snapped a few more pictures for you. Hopefully freepichosing holds up. You may notice that the fender to 3000 pipe sits a bit proud on my car. That is due to the size of the compressor cover on the turbo I have on there. I have the Greddy type RS BOV.

4,779 Posts
I think the RS is replacing the type S. The valve is a bit bigger and supposedly holds more boost. I haven't given it a proper test just yet to see how much it will hold. I'm not much of a sound buff so? I just got it to plug up the hole in the pipe and hopefully save the turbo some stress...

4,779 Posts
Instructions? What are those?

My overflow isn't quite in the stock location, if you look carefully. I tucked the overflow up under the upper radiator support piece (the A/C condenser is still there).

I was going with an aftermarket oil cooler at the same time so, that wasn't an issue for me.

This isn't an especially difficult install. Invite a few local Supra owners over, put the intercooler kit in, and fire up the barbecue in time for lunch. Then go test it out after nightfall. ;)

Sorry, I dunno what else to say about the RS, it is a BOV, it works so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.