Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

turbo is precision pt63 .68 ar turbine .70ar compressor

the installation was pretty straight forward other than the fact that the manifold didnt line up properly. i had to drill out 2 of the holes becuase they did not line up.
it did not come with the lower ic pipe to mate to the hpf intercooler kit that i already purchased but hpf is working on that now i presume. other than the manifold being slightly off everything fit pretty well.

other supporting mods:
afpr
rc 550's
walbro 255
gm maft
safc 2
spec stage 3
spec flywheel
hpf intercooler kit
avcr
aem wideband
hks 1.2mm
arp studs torqued to 100 ft/lbs

i am looking to make 450-500 on a street tune at around 20 psi. maybe higher on race gas or with meth.

thanks for lookin

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in no way am i saying that hpf copied the ssac manifold but after seeing both they are very similair. the hpf has the flange welded up higher and rotated for an angle to fit the lower ic pipe better. same style wastegate pipes only hpf has v band for tial 44mm gate. the only complaint i have about the manifold is that 2 of the holes didnt line up properly.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
You will easily get your power goal. I'm looking for the same as you and I think I'm close, I need a wideband and a dyno appointment to prove it though :)

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
wow... lovin that engine bay man... lookin good :D

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
they also forgot to weld in the o2 flange...basterds

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
:no!:

·
fbody to supra to fbody
2,015 Posts
Where did all these NJ mk3s come from, there should be no excuse for a small showing at the next e-town gathering =)

-J

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
jimmy's been around, but his old spec took a shit and so did his 60-1 rebuild so it was time for upgrades! finally got her runnin the other day

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Yo, if you all throw a meet together sometime this summer, I'd like to go.

Let me know what's up!

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
w0rd

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
word on the street is that there is a meet at spi in about a month i think. me and jonny will be there. other nj supras should too. i should be on the dyno hopefully :)

·
Banned
942 Posts
If you guys ever have ANY issues with our turbo kits, please let us know immediately. I apologize for the fitment issue with the two holes. We normally test fit every turbo kit prior to shipment and this was obviously not done.

JonnyRedline... with regard to the O2 flange, was this for a kit you purchased or for Jimmysmk3 kit? Did we correct this in a timely fashion or provide a credit and a bung? Please let me know.

Jimmysmk3... Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Take care,
Chris.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
the o2 bung was in regards to jimmy's kit...i think he bought a new bung and is going to have it welded in with a new o2 sensor...not sure tho...

you guys do excellent welding for the downpipe and making it all fit very nicely! :bigthumb:

·
Banned
942 Posts
JonnyRedline said:
the o2 bung was in regards to jimmy's kit...i think he bought a new bung and is going to have it welded in with a new o2 sensor...not sure tho...

you guys do excellent welding for the downpipe and making it all fit very nicely! :bigthumb:
Thanks Johnny. Jimmy, if you have any out of pocket expenses, please email my sales manager [email protected] and he will reimburse you.

Chris.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts