Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Will work for Supra parts
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, anyone here running HRE wheels on their Mk IV Supras? I've suddenly become a big fan of their wheels, but I am now looking for info on what sizes you guys have, what styles, and how things fit. I assume because they are custom made, they don't use any spacers or require any modifications to the Supra, but I'd really like to know this for sure.

So, please, if you can, list the type of wheels, the size, if your car is lowered, and how they fit, with or without rolled fenders. Since everyone else has a thread for their Supra with the different manufacture rims, why not HRE too?

Thanks!

·
Registered
530 Posts
There's some HREs in the "official wheels" sticky I believe with some info on sizes. Also, the HREs on MVPmotorsports.com are advertised as "Supra fitment", so you can probably get some size info there as well.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
HRE's are like any custom wheels. You pick the size you want (18's,19's,20's) then you pick how wide you want it (8.5 to 11.5 usually) and you try to figure an offset that will work with your body. I believe most people will be running low40's or high 30's on a stock body, but that i'm not complete sure since i'm not stock body anymore.

Whats nice about HRE's is you can make your wheels to order just like a few other companys out there and they are really nice wheels. Only negative i can see is that they are higher in price verse every other companys out there. Thats probably the reason why you dont see alot of MKIV owners with HRE's.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Yeah not many HRE equipped Supras out there. 5,700 or 6,000 goes a long way torward other mods, but then again, we are talking Supras, which aren't exactly cheap to start with. :) Think I'll try writing HRE and see what sort of offsets they recommend and if any fender rolling would be necessary.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i think there are a good amt of Supras running HREs, but its not as common to see as other brands for the main reason you mentioned...co$t. ive put HREs on my cars for many years (see sig pic), and IMO the $ spent is worth it for the quality, fit/finish, and customer service. u can ck the post in this thread for the pics on my car. def call hre directly and theylll set you up right.

http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418994

HRE 445R (19 x 9.5f/11r)
Charcoal centers
265/30 & 295/30 Sport Contis
Teins and Rolled Fenders

·
Registered
475 Posts
hre's 445r 19x11 and 19x9

you can call hre direct and they will send you photos of the supra's they have done as well as what off sets you can use and they have life time warranty:)

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh yeah, those are nice. Killamike, did you have to roll the rear fenders to fit your HRE rims? I'm guessing also that that is a painted black center and not anodized?

Apparently wheels other then those listed on the Supra fittment page of HRE's website must fit, because I'm positive I didn't see 445Rs listed. If so that's cool. I like the Comp C20 style, but don't know if fits the Supra.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I want the HRE compitition series C22's. They are awesome, but like you said earlier $6000 is alot of money, so time to start saving!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Scary thing about really expensive wheels is how easily and quickly they can get damaged. I would be so paranoid trying to parallel park I'd end up 3 feet off the curb.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Parking is not that hard. Use your passenger side mirror to see how far you are from the curb. Nothing to it. Go wide and sneak up on it. I can't believe you'd want to park your Supra in the street to begin with! I would never park mine in the street!

·
Registered
475 Posts
^ thanks and nope i didnt have to role the fender and the wheels came straight from hre powder coated black, you can make any color of your choice and like most custom wheels companies they make custom offsets so basically you can choose from a large variety of wheels

and as far as parking get yourself a handicap decal and you wont have any worries

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
HRE's are sexy wheels, but pricey. I had 2 sets in the past and realized iforged puts out basically the same product for less money and now run iforged wheels.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Oh hell no I don't park on the street. I'm always that car parked way at the back of the parking lot all by itself or strategically parked with one side against a curb so I can only get dinged from one side. And yes, for the record I know how to parallel park, I was just explaining cautionary parallel parking when your wheels cost more than my other car.

Get some HRE's nothing better out there, I just know I couldn't deal with it.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha ha. Single car in the back lot - that's me too. Always up tight against the curb, if at all possible.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^ thanks and nope i didnt have to role the fender and the wheels came straight from hre powder coated black, you can make any color of your choice and like most custom wheels companies they make custom offsets so basically you can choose from a large variety of wheels

and as far as parking get yourself a handicap decal and you wont have any worries
Thanks Mike. Your car is lowered as well, correct?

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
You 2 guys are funny. all worried about parking with your stock body supras. try dealing with a WB thats almost a foot wider then your cars.

·
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It's not that it's hard parking a stock Supra. It's just that no Supra ever deserves any door dings!

lis2K, I looked at some iForged wheels just now. Shoot, they look just like HRE knockoffs, practically, but it looks like they don't come any smaller then 19".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts