Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
says
390 Posts
Readytofix.com is only a paysite that gives you a list of websites that sell rebuildables, nothing special. All of their pricing on the page is bogus, it's just to lure people in and pay the $20.

I know for a fact the R33 went for close to three times what they said it did..I'm sure that's true for the Supras and Vipers as well.

·
Passion Driven
1,689 Posts
Quick question on this topic:

When an engine doesn't start because of being in a flood...isn't it salvagable? I only ask because I was astounded when, in top gear, they let a Toyota Truck get submerged in the ocean (Salt Water, nonetheless). When it came out, they let a mechanic work on it with WD40 and a wrench (thats it) for like 40 minutes and he got it started (removed some sand, etc).

Just wondering what exactly go's wrong when the engine is flooded...if it's at all salvagable.

Yea, I saw the Supra's going for $6k with the engine "Siezed" because of the water damage...but I just wonder what the fix exactly entails...

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
When you have water in the motor there is a good possibility of it being hydrolocked. The motor might be rebuildable if the block isnt cracked

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
Depends if it was running when water got in or if it sat in water for a long period of time. If had been sitting there, the internals can and will get rusty and hydrolocked. I have a Honda motor with rusy internals due to water leaking in. If it was running at the time, chances are something is bent/broken too. Water is not compressable like air. It's like shoving rock in the chamber and trying to compress them. Valves get bent and so on.

·
NFA Pimp
2,735 Posts
Not always. You can run into various other problem when you buy a flooded car. I know a guy that bought a flooded car and had to pretty much replace every single sensor and the whole wiring harness to even make the car run.

·
Damn Spaniards
2,328 Posts
G said:
Not always. You can run into various other problem when you buy a flooded car. I know a guy that bought a flooded car and had to pretty much replace every single sensor and the whole wiring harness to even make the car run.
You are right... I forgot about all of the electrical problems that come with flooding too. Def. kiss the ECU good bye...

·
Registered
898 Posts
readytofix.com is basicly a big scam.. they make you pay to join their site... and then when you get in.. all the cars are "sold" im guessing they were never for sale. i didnt buy a membership but i read about it. id just stay away from crap like this... a supra for 6 k? if it seems too good to be true.. it most likely is..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts