Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys on PA area experience rusting on our cars? Anyways/tips to protect our cars? I heard compared to CA or florida the northeast is horrible when it comes to the rusting of cars...

·
Addicted to Boost
315 Posts
I dont think its much of a problem. I live in northern VA where humidity is so bad it feels like a warm pool out side in the summer. Our winters can be bad with the snow and all the salt and chemicals the state dumps on the road to fight ice. But who drives a supra in the snow anyway?? lol. The real problem with rusting would be places where water gets caught and sits over time. Beach humidity is bad because of the salt and shit too.

ive been fine.

·
Custom LED Tail Lights
3,315 Posts
Mine has been sitting in the garage for about 6 months now .. ran thru about a whole tank of gas just from starting it , letting it warm up and then shutting her down .. took her out for the first time in a while last week just for the NE2K6 .. had a blast ..

but if you dont have a garage .. TRY and get a cover for it .. a good one .. and limit how much you drive it in the rain .. only to when its absolutly necessary ..

·
Registered
934 Posts
yeah after a hard rain , first two places i check often is the hood and trunk. usually debris and dirt is stuck on the side, perfect place for rust to develop. always clean and dry those places religiously.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
i dotnm drive in any bad weather or anything but i notice that after i ash the car the water sits under the molding on the rear hatch and i usualy lift the hatch and let it drain out and then i dry all the crevices and jams like a maniac..then take it for a spin and the extra drops will come out and then you can dry again...

rust mainly happends on cars that just get left out in the rain and bad weather all the time and they arent driven...

also the main reason for rust in certain parts of the country isnt totally becasue of salt on the roads in winter.(shouldnt be driving the supra then anyway)
its becasue of salt in the air..florida isnt really that great for preventing rust either..salt air and alot of rain..here in the NE if you live close to the ocean its bad..
if i take my car to my beach house and it gets that salty mist on it i wash it ASAP...

just spend 1000-1200 on a decent beater and it will save you that $3000 paint job and rust fix in the end....plus any beater will pay for itself eventually with the way gas prices are anyway...

Ant

·
Registered
201 Posts
When I lived up north I use to get my cars treated by Ziebart. I don't know if they are still around, but my cars stayed in pretty good shape when I had them treated by this company.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts