Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this weekend in e-towns streetwars event i will be seeking the record of stock twins no n20. so far ive got it down to [email protected] 175 60' @ 85 degrees.my mods were turbo back,fmic,afc,intake,head light out ,bfgs17",100 ocatne,and my wastegate hose pulled which maxxed out at 1.36kgs.this time i added cam gears and 116 octane with 2% more fuel pulled from the afc. hoping i can get that 11.2 record broken since i have a lil more power and its like 45 degrees out here in n.j.anyone have some helpful tips so i can break this record?ie, octane,setting ?anything?

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MADMKIV said:
In the future you might wanna go AEM and 264/264... You could possibly make it into the 10's
really? iwould love that.but i like to keep it very simple and am in the market for a single over the winter. i like the t66 turbo and may go with it.i have access to the aem ems full system sensors all for 1250$ but the tuners where im from are certified and still cant tune any good.im interested in hittting 10s on n2o stock twins.maybe very deep 10s on juice and cams,aem etc. im open to any suggestions.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
well this weekend in e-towns streetwars event i will be seeking the record of stock twins no n20. so far ive got it down to [email protected] 175 60' @ 85 degrees.my mods were turbo back,fmic,afc,intake,head light out ,bfgs17",100 ocatne,and my wastegate hose pulled which maxxed out at 1.36kgs.this time i added cam gears and 116 octane with 2% more fuel pulled from the afc. hoping i can get that 11.2 record broken since i have a lil more power and its like 45 degrees out here in n.j.anyone have some helpful tips so i can break this record?ie, octane,setting ?anything?
Nice runs...11.4 is really fast for stock twins at 85 degrees. What track was that run at? What was your 1/8 mile et and mph? You shouldn't have a problem doing better when it is 45 degrees out!!!:) :cool: Good luck at your next vist.

Take Care

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
e-town this summer and r/t .120 60'1.755 330 4.870 1/8 7.433 mph 95.41 1000ft 9.632 1/4 11.452 mph 122.35 not bad on a stock clutch and bfgs 17" huh? i hope to smash the record this weekend. i hope and pray.... any more ideas thatll help me reach this goal?

·
Registered
904 Posts
TRY THIS:

TRY THIS. RESET THE ECU BEFORE EACH PASS. ALLOW AMPLE TIME BETWEEN RUNS FOR THE TURBOS/ ENGINE TO COOL OFF ( i.e. 30-45 MINS.) REMOVE THE SPARE TIRE,JACK,REAR SEAT. KEEP AS LITTLE GAS AS POSSIBLE IN THE TANK FOR MORE WEIGHT SAVINGS. PLAY WITH TIRE PRESSURE AND LAUNCH RPM'S FOR THE RIGHT COMBO. RUN TWO SPARES UP FRONT. I WOULD NOT RUN NITROUS ON YOUR COMBO IF I WERE YOU. YOU ARE VERY CLOSE TO MAXING OUT YOUR STOCK FUEL SYSTEM. ONE LITTLE MISTAKE HERE WILL TOAST YOUR ENGINE. GET A FUEL SYSTEM AND AEM IF YOU PLAN TO RUN NITROUS. HOPE THIS HELPS.:D

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Be careful with re-setting the ECU. We were tuning a buddy's Supra on the dyno, and after 2-3 passes we re-set it, the next pass was VERY lean for some reason. After that it was back to normal.

I always reset the ECU one time to erase memory of any knock, before driving to the track to give the ECU time to get everything right!

Hope you are running during the day. I can't imagine hooking up in 45 degrees with no sun on the track!

Al

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Looks like it might be a bit warmer than 45 deg. which could be to your advantage(traction). It's mainly gonna come from the 60' if you do it and you have some room there to improve so it could very well happen. Ressetting the ecu especially with racing gas is gonna advance the hell out of your timing and could cause a very lean condition like T6rocket said until it can adjust. Just get the tires real hot and launch it hard, thats the only way the record will fall. Its gotta have to happen in the first 100'. Do you have a cage? How leanient are they there? Good luck and let us know how it go's.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
e-town this summer and r/t .120 60'1.755 330 4.870 1/8 7.433 mph 95.41 1000ft 9.632 1/4 11.452 mph 122.35 not bad on a stock clutch and bfgs 17" huh? i hope to smash the record this weekend. i hope and pray.... any more ideas thatll help me reach this goal?
Just get that 60' down and you shouldn't have any problems beating the record.:) Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Later

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Rviscosi said:
Ressetting the ecu especially with racing gas is gonna advance the hell out of your timing and could cause a very lean condition like T6rocket said until it can adjust.
Will too much timing show a lean condition on a wideband like you suggest or will it show higher EGTs? Both?

John H

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wow I didnt know that pulling the fuses before A run could cause the car to run lean. Does this happen with a g force programmed ecu and I thought to make the adjustment on the vpc work you needed to reset the ecu. Any help with this would be appreciated

Drift good luck with the record I will see you their

Green 97tt bpu 11.54 Stock twins no nos drag radials

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well no record today 6 passes at 11.5 every time.60' was 1.76-1.79-1.78 and trap speeds were 118 -120-122mph and still 11.5 all day. strange my boost only peaked at 1.36kgs everytime,since i turn off my avc-r and uncap my wastegate to get max boost.maybe it was because it was like 80+ degrees out today? hope tommorow will be cooler.i even took out 1% on my afc to see if that would help.btw is it ok to start in 2nd gear for the burnout since 1st gear doesnt spin fast enough to smoking then up?

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
um good luck dude, i would be there today, to cheer you on at etown, but im in college, oh well, kick ass dude.

Brett

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
drift tt 23 said:
well no record today 6 passes at 11.5 every time.60' was 1.76-1.79-1.78 and trap speeds were 118 -120-122mph and still 11.5 all day. strange my boost only peaked at 1.36kgs everytime,since i turn off my avc-r and uncap my wastegate to get max boost.maybe it was because it was like 80+ degrees out today? hope tommorow will be cooler.i even took out 1% on my afc to see if that would help.btw is it ok to start in 2nd gear for the burnout since 1st gear doesnt spin fast enough to smoking then up?

I thought they said it was gonna be warm this past weekend. Good running consistent car you got there. I think there having another event in 2 weeks, its gotta be cooler by then. THis past weekend was a freak.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok no record broken this weekend but damn near close,i only got 2 trys since e-town remembered me from sat. so i got 1 full run and the result was a 1.677 60"
and [email protected] mph. so im close but not there yet. it was too hot out this weekend and my boost was stuck at 19 psi. ill scan in the slip later today. and thanks to all the supraforums people who were there that encouraged me on sun.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Wow, congratulations, that has to atleast be the stock twin/stock maf record. What an awesome time considering the temperature! Have you done any weight reduction?

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
here's the time slip from yesterday.. i made the guy next to me break out also :D i had to dial in 12.0 because of no cage i tried to dial in 11.4 but they said no and put 12.0... it was a hot weekend so hopefully the 16th i can do it... hope to see you all there again ... congrads to all

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rviscosi said:
Wow, congratulations, that has to atleast be the stock twin/stock maf record. What an awesome time considering the temperature! Have you done any weight reduction?
is there a such record? my only mods were turbo back,fmic,pulled wastegate hose[1.37kgs] intake cam gears still at o-o afc not tuned -like 3%,bcc,stock maf,et streets.and a single disk trd clutch.tien springs and koni shocks.also headlight pulled and the carpet and spare tire/jack removed.still weighted in at 3350lbs.would a vpc be a good investment?next will be the spray...:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts