Supra Forums banner

Who will you place your money on at the track?

• Will Neely and his highest hp 7M Turbo NOS on Supra Forums.

Votes: 31 34.4%
  • Orin Bivens Sr. with his quickest 1/4 mile times on the forum.

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • The stripper t the local strip club. Who does't have a Supra

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • OR you don't have any money while trying to fix the BHG and rod knock!

Votes: 26 28.9%
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Will Neely vs Orin Bivens Sr in Houston. MKIIIIs grudge match to end all $hit talking. I have had the quickest 1/4 in an MKIII for the entire year and will has had the highest hp for the moment.

Titan has more hp than MSP yet keep coming up short at the end of the 1/4 mile. (hint, hint). Will bring your wallet.

Side bets are allowed. Who do you think will win?

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
I forget what power numbers you're putting to the ground .. otherwise I would have already guessed/made my vote. I'm not partial to either of you. You both have great cars. There are too many unknown factors about #s, suspension/chassis, miscellaneous mods, track, drivers, etc etc. I just want to see a complete video of the whole event/events leading up to it. Maybe juts a Will and Orin video. Put all footage of build-up vids etc for both cars .. then show you two parked at the track with a walk around and summary/write-up of both cars .. then battle it out on video and make a good ending. Any and all footage of both cars is appreciated by the whole community/any generation enthusiast/even any auto enthusiast ... I'm sure. I'll be happy. :D

Ok. I'm gonna "cheat". I vote for the underdog (not necessarily Orin just because of his avatar .. **nice touch might I add Orin**) .. but seriously whoever is doubted. I do this because this should motivate both of you and because it can be more fun to see the "favorite" lose.
My best regards to both of you.

·
2,279 Posts
You might want to recheck who has the fastest time on the forums, also when the run was originaly ran...

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Still participting in the group.

outofstep said:
You might want to recheck who has the fastest time on the forums, also when the run was originaly ran...
Post um up if you hve someone quicker and they can get in on it too, 11:99 is the cutoff for this match if anyone else wants to get in on it. the reason for Will and I doing this is because the powers that be, over the meet won't have me against Will anyways because I have a 1.5JZ in my MKIII instead of the belittled in their eyes 7M. Both of us re 3+ liters so it shouldn't matter as long as we both have 6 spark plugs.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Wow. Looks like the fastest 1JZ in the land got Stallown3d by a 7M with the stock CT26?

:dunno: :whip:
Yep. Looks like stock ct26 .. at 20psi :eek: . I still like full+ weight cars with killer times over any stripped car.

Orin says that he ran an 11.03 though .. but his slip is not readable. That with a 5spd and ~3800lbs is pretty stinkin impressive. Experience has got to be the key here. I sure hope that Will has done some practicing. Hopefully he has prepped/practiced and just not spoken of the results ... and hopefully both cars are defnitely showcased in a video together .. and the video is given to me for free:D .

·
Registered
463 Posts
This should be very interesting. Need more stats on both cars tho, Will has the power but the question is can he put it to the ground.

Orin 11.03 thats 1 hell of a 1/4 so this should be a fun event.
btw orin have u dynoed and what were the results if you don't care to say?

either way best of luck to both.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bio uh-oh

Thanks for updating me on the happenings. Time to raise the bar.

Bio on my car are;

91 Toyota 5spd Blk
Electromotive Tec III
Extrude Honed IntakePlenum, head and upper and lower manifold
NX Nitrous 75 shot (not yet used)
1.5 JZA 70 (1JZ head/2JZ Bottom end)
Custom 321 stainless steel headers and downpipe.
Twin T3/T4 Presision Turbos
Twin Tial 35mm waistegates
Blitz SS NUR Spec exhaust
Twin Warlboro 345 l pumps
850cc Blitz injectors by Sard.
272I/264E HKS Cams.
Exceedy Twin Disk Clutch
SFI Approved Harmonic balancer
HKS EVC Pro EBC.
Size 14 feet. :D

·
2,279 Posts
I just want to play devils advo. to spice stuff up abit. I'm full aware that if either of these two powerhouses stripped their car's I'd get smoked.

Using the NHRA Elevation Correction tables for 3100 ft, I would have run a [email protected] I wonder what would happen if I bolted on a SP61GT?

Just trying to keep the bar high for those two Behemoths of the MK3 community. Can we get a new poll option?

-Some "unknown" comes and smokes them both?-

Haha, just playin. :D :D :2peace:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
newbs welcome!

New Mexico is closer to Houston thn MD is. I would be glad to run any MKIII that can post quick ET's like 12:00 or lower. That will make you known quickly. Oh remember that you will be somewhat at a disadvantage with not just you, but all of us running NOS. I have seen 15mph trp speed increase with 75 shot of NOS on a turbo car. Hope your Auto holds up if you bring it. You can bring your wallet too. :D

·
2,279 Posts
North Mexico, not new mexico. As in Tucson, it's the same thing as mexico. Heh, I don't want to be known. I only posted my times because I was way pissed off from another thread, someone trying to call me out. Plus my car is a diffrent color from the last time I used to hussle, so I figure I would be "safe" posting them. Never been a fan of recognition.

My auto won't hold :( It's already doing the nice "I refuse to stay in first" and the "after you reverse then shift back into drive I'm not going to actualy go into gear for acouple seconds" crap crap crap. Hence the gathering of parts for a 5 speed.

·
what will the future hold
916 Posts
Hey Orin the real poll should be will you have a running car at the track and dyno! Trust me I'll be up. Ithink Owen priest might have a little to say about this! However since hes had a few bad years in houston i think hes do. You have experience on me in this event! I have time to practice and to learn to get all my power to the ground! This should be fun! Trust me while i'm practicing you'll be still building your engine. But yes i accept your challange expecially since you are my insurance to get back 900 miles if i break something.

Oh yeah does that apply to any 7m i drive!:D :D

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Let's do it!

This is supposed to be originally for 5spd MKIIIs like the 6spd side bet that the MKIVs have, but I cannot exclude anything in an MKIII frame. Hehe

This means that the N. mexican Auto can get some and so can Owen. Actually i am past do for some smack down with him anyways. I will be down this week, Will to get things started for the meet.

Orin B Sr

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh Will can you to post the mods of your beast? Inquiring minds wanna know. hehe. You are the man Bro.

OB-1

·
Can't touch this!
1,404 Posts
This should be a pretty good showdown considering I have been all about the 1J lately!

Well I'm not gonna pick a side cus I think both cars deserve their respect and I'm just gonna add that I hope both of you guys have cars that are at top notch when you do this cus we don't want to see "But my *blank* wasn't working" or "my clutch was being finiky".

Best of luck to both!

Later

Jason

·
wha huh?
952 Posts
Well, i am gonna put my bets on Will, cause im a 7M devout...

·
what will the future hold
916 Posts
Well I'm not gonna pick a side cus I think both cars deserve their respect and I'm just gonna add that I hope both of you guys have cars that are at top notch when you do this cus we don't want to see "But my *blank* wasn't working" or "my clutch was being finiky".

Well put jason! Orin no excuses my man! You started this tread so the pressure is on you. ;) Oh yeah my mods are on 7mpower.com if any one wants my details. One thing different will be the size of the turbo. But I'll keep that to myself! until i get official numbers. Anyone else going to Drag should be a nice pay out!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts