Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked one of these ICs off of ebay, and I'm *very* impressed with it's construction. 24"x12"x3" bar-and-plate core and 3" inlet/outlets. It weighs 20lbs, but it certainly looks like it'll take a load of boost: http://www.flyn.com.au/hybrid_intercoolers.htm

Anyone else have this IC? Also, how does the weight of the bar-and-plate intercooler compare to others?

Thanks,
-scott

·
Registered
158 Posts
When do you think you will have it installed on your vehicle. It looks like it would be a good intercooler, especially for the price, if you can get the pipework done for fairly cheap. Please keep us posted on your install.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already have the IC piping (note that I'm NA-T). I've been waiting on one coupler and some T-bolt clamps.

I'm looking forward to logging my TAB IC against the Hybrid which is BAP. It'll be interesting to see what the pressure differences are as a function of RPM.

-scott

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1997GREENTT said:
motorheaddown, is your ic piping custom bent? If so, where did you get it done, and was it very expensive?
Believe it or not, NA-T IC piping has been a well discussed topic on the NA forum. Until recently, it was *very* difficult to source piping for a FMIC. That has since changed.

In my case, I was able to purchase just the piping from the FMAX kit right after Turbonetics purchased FMAX. The pipes are all steel, come coated, and the fitment was almost perfect. I modifed one pipe to get everything under the plastic covers. Additionally, I'm going to use the additional injector bungs for meth injection and nitrous. Total price shipped: $440. Unfortunately, Turbonetics put a stop to selling just the pipes, and now, you can't get NA-T piping made for anything under $600.

FWIW, I'm running a 63mm wheel, and there's plenty of room around the pipes for just about any sized turbo.

-scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts