Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dusty,
I've searched regarding this but I haven't relaly got any definte answers saying yes their goo no their not where i could buy them. As you may remember I'm Jspec. Delibertaing with goign single but with no roads to really get full use I'm looking for alternatives.

I've read that their are higher flowing replacement turbos for teh JDM Supra do you or any of your Jap sources have any info on this? I've read that there about US$800/turbo which would be atelast 1/2 the price of a single turbo with hp goals ~500hp of my taste.

My question is could you find out anything on these and whter you can get them?

I've though about buying the US Spec setup but everyone i talk to the $500 only include the turbos they do'nt have the manifold anymore??

Thanks,
Rhys

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
I absolutely do not recommend the hybrid turbos. I am familiar with them because of my (limited) dealings with J-Spec Supras. I have never heard anything good about them and I have no source to get them for you. I recommend you save the money towards a single turbo upgrade, you will be much happier and save a lot of money in the end...

Regards,

Dusty

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok that being said
i know of the sp53??, phr street kit
i've searched and found that those two and a few others

what would be the most reliable quickest spooling turbo that you kown of that i can get as a complete kit (less FMIC) and run on the stock us fuel 550? that you would reccomend?

i was leaning towards phr street kit i think for $3800 or low $4000

top end is not my main concern 500rwhp will be more than enough for me.

i've heard great thing about the phr kit and i think it's the sp53 or 57 whatever their smallest turbo is.

thanks

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
For your goals I would recommend the PHR Street kit. You can make up to 600rwhp if you add a fuel system. FULL BOOST at 3,600 RPM's, 800 RPM's quicker than stock turbos!

You will need a FMIC and a fuel pulsation dampener bypass line. I would recommend some air/fuel control as well.

Regards,

Dusty

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds like a deal
i already bought my Blitz (V-Spec???) FMIC from you last year
for right now I would swap out my 440s with some us spec 550 and add a resisor pack for the impedence change?
And I'm also re-saving for the innovative kit, hopefully no unforseen problems occur like they did last time :(.
thanks for your help

i will start putting together some $ hopefully end of year (fingers crossed)

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
Hybrids are sold / marketed in the UK a lot. Quite some people enthusiastic about it, but I think that's because they've never felt a single turbo. Single is the way to go. Hybrids are there to get replaced by a single later :)

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that's what I figured, but since we don't have any straights longer than maybe 1/2 mile it's hard to put 4000 into a turbo kit. But we are in the process of a having a nhra spec track built so hopeully that happens sooner rather than later, to make my purchase worth while.

But I will mor ethan likely ge the PHR street kit with some US spec injectors.

·
Premium Member
10,090 Posts
500rwhp is a lot of fun over a 1/2 mile!! It spools QUICKER than stock twins and makes an extra 100rwhp for less than $10 per RWHP which is rather cheap.

Regards,

Dusty

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh man you gotta love that
$10/rwhp :)

i'm starting to save :)!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts