Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get this hydraulic sound when I start up my car, not matter cold or warm, I can hear it in the car, and it will disappear (suddenly) in about 20 to 30 seconds, does anyone have this problem? (if it is one), what's causing it?
Thanks

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Best guess is that it's the power steering. Check the level and condition of the fluid.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I check the level? And on the cap it says to add ATF fluid, but I don't know what is currently inside the car, can I just add any brand auto tranny oil in?

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
There is a dipstick built into the cap. Remove the cap and wipe off the dipstick, then put the dipstick back in all the way and then remove it and see where the level is on the dipstick. I believe the PS takes Mercon III ATF.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The dip stick has got two indicators, one cold and one hot, does that have anything with the engine temp? I checked after driving that the level is just at the bottom line of the hot and at the top line of the cold. Is that ok or not?

·
Registered
558 Posts
If you are hearing it coming from inside the car, its your heater core filling with coolant, a lot of toyotas do that...its nothing to worry about...

Dave

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
atmsel said:
what is it? how do I check?
If you pop your hood and look at the top of the headlight housing between the radiator support and the plastic lens of the light there is a little bubble floating inside a level marker tube on the head lights at the top. If the bubble is in the middle of the lines or passes the little line towards the back of the car it's OK. But if the bubble passes the mark toward the front you need some blinker fluid.

==== tube==== | line | O (bubble) | line | ====tube====

·
NA-T Member
1,021 Posts
SupraTico said:
If you pop your hood and look at the top of the headlight housing between the radiator support and the plastic lens of the light there is a little bubble floating inside a level marker tube on the head lights at the top. If the bubble is in the middle of the lines or passes the little line towards the back of the car it's OK. But if the bubble passes the mark toward the front you need some blinker fluid.

==== tube==== | line | O (bubble) | line | ====tube====
YOU DA MAN!!!! Excellent description. :bowdown:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts