Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· yeah thats me!
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cant find said ECU, wondering if anyone has pics of a 2jz HydroFan ECU.

Thanks,

Ian

· Registered
6,153 Posts
Do you still have your Aristo clip? It may lead to a location, using them diagrams... I know it has a page which shows where all of the major sensor/ECU locations are.

I'll see if I can find mine tomorrow....

· yeah thats me!
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
yea if you could that would be great, i have one ecu box that has no cover, may be the cooling ECU.

I will check the other locations I have parts, but my clip has been hauled to the dump already, but im sure i snagged all of the ecus.

btw thanks for that pic Joe

· Registered
6,153 Posts
I haven''t found it yet... lot of modding needing to be done to use the hydro fan... have you test fit it yet? It's my only hold-up. Looking to pursue the US waterpump solution... replacing the timing belt, along the way.

· yeah thats me!
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have modified it quite a bit to use it with my 7M radiator, it will work.... as long as I have an ecu to control it.

I have modified the Fan shroud and the fan assembly to fit.

I have also adapted the pump cooler to work from the aristo as well.
Hopefully i can find the ecu...

gotta run more work to be done.

-ian

· Registered
6,153 Posts
Let me see some of them pics of how you modded the hydro-fan to fit.... I'll have to look in one other box to see if I can find that ECU.

I'm stuck like Chuck now.... modify the hydro-fan to fit (and possibly not find the fan ECU)...Pro-free, cons-time consuming.

Replace the waterpump with US version and eliminate it all together..... Well, this would also force me to change the timing belt now instead of later... Pros-not adding more fluids/lines to worry about, less weight, one less thing to wire up. Cons-cost(~$50, since I already have a fan for it), time (about 90 minutes).

I can't look for the Fan ECU 'til next Saturday, but that's when I either need to install the modified hydr fan, or the US waterpump.... So I have to be ready for either one, depending on if I find my ECU or not. If I go with the US stuff and then find the ECU later, I can get it over to you (if U still haven't found yours).

· yeah thats me!
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Elvis, to modify the arist fan all i did was center the aristo fan on the 7m Radiator, you can see that some of the mounting points actually fit.

Then you will have to take a dreml to the shroud so it will be accepted and held in place on the bottom of the 7M radiator. after that just mark the rear of the shroud and use a band saw to cut the shroud. after that I used angle aluminum and some rivets to get the shroud enclosed.

so basically you will need the following tools/materials

marker
band-saw (or any saw)
dremel
file ( to clean the melted plastic after dremel)
drill
angled aluminum
rivets
rivet gun

took me ~ 1.5 hrs to finish the shroud

then you will need to get the cooler from the aristo clip and mount it to the fron part
of the car, for me it was a bit easier since im using a bracket i made when I put my FMIC
on.

here is said bracket with the aristo hydro fan cooler...

*you will also have to bend the aluminum pipes a bit for the cooler,
Its a lot of work, truthfully i would have gone electric fans at this point with all the
other stuff that is holding up my build.

and if I cant get an ecu or find a way to control this the hydro setup will cost me in time once again.

p.s. I am using my old oil cooler for the powersteering pump cooler now, all that has been plumbed and fit so that is all good to go.... just need to finish wiring *dreading it almost lol and turbo setup a/c and misc other odds and ends.

-ian

· Registered
6,153 Posts
Wow.... That's ALOT of progress. I've decided to go with the USDM 2JZ waterpump/fan... didn't wanna go with the electric ones either. I'll see if I can find that Fan ECU by Saturday and send it to ya. It should be the same as that 1JZ one... right?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.