Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Most of you probably remember the old Hyper Voltage System thread.

I had incredible results with hyper voltage system on Supra NA-T. Some of you probably have already tried it on your NA Supras with good results.

Anyone else tried it on NA-T?

Pic below is a scan for TPR magazine, it is a fairly recent dyno test results for various hyper voltage system and hyper ground systems.

Test car was B16a Del Sol (with battery in the engine bay)
Test car 2 was Mazda Miata (battery located in the trunk)

Apexi Super ground system (Apexi version of hyper voltage system) has max gain of 9 RWHP on the B16a Del Sol, nice gain through out the entire rpm range.

The 2 hyper voltage systems tested (Apexi and Sun) showed some nice hp/torque gains, unfortunately all the hyper ground system showed very little to no gain.

On Miata there are virtually no gain on all the systems, mainly due to the location of the battery.

Reactions: SupaSupraSE

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
I have the Sun system on my car (MR version) and honestly I didnt tell too much of a difference....If it helped, it wasnt much, but I havent dynoed to verify.

·
11,217 Posts
neostreamsupra said:
hahaha i like your sig lol. HELLA FUNNY :bigthumb:

:bigthumb: Ty for my stupidity :)

--------------

While we are on the same subject, I dunno why when I do it it becomes a big deal. I'm sure you remember the "max speed on W58 thread"

Ravan17 said:
Ok, i got a final read out on my 95 NA 5spd, i jacked it up and took the rears off, and took it to 7k rpm through all the gears:

1st gear = 35mph @7k rpm
2nd gear = 60mph @7k rpm
3rd gear = 90 mph @7k rpm
4th gear = 118mph @7k rpm
5th gear = 150mphr @7k rpm

and i belive that if i took it to the limiter( 7,300ish rpm) it would accopmlish the specified 155mph, you guys should go out and try it, that way you'll know what your car is capable of doing, not wat its SUPOSED to do

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
I've heard better things for the Hyper Voltage systems on turbo charged vehicles so I plan to get a few of them. I'll for sure put one on the Typhoon and the Supra when I finally go NA-T and possibly the Audi too when I finally chip it.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
It ranges. I think nsx4ever paid like $60 for them when they were in Japan and normally around $100 on up. I think the cheapest I've seen is like $115 shipped for a new one that's the entire RPM range.

Installation is as easy as noting the positive and negative side on your battery and connecting two cables.

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
I would say the full range one.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts