Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Go to a local Japanese bookstore. If they don't have it, they should be able to order one for you.

kaz

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
mkiv.com has it scanned

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
try nengun.com they have them

I saw that, however hyperrevusa.com says that all three supra issues are sold out in the USA, and Japan, and Nengun.com says that their magazines usually ship from Japan:(

I found one on ebay, I just brought it, wondering if anyone has any others.

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
If I recall correctly, I think I read that the Supra issues are no longer in print, so Ebay is probably one of the few options now. It's kind of sad how in all the years of Hyper Revs (94+), there were only 3 volumes in total devoted to the Supra, with the last one being printed 10 YEARS ago. Maybe someone in Japan can comment with a clearer perspective on this, but it seems to me this is a reflection of how the Supra took a back seat to other cars in terms of popularity and zeal in the tuner community in Japan. I guess it doesn't help my impression to recall the MKIV Supra getting consistently abused by RX-7s and GT-Rs in stock for stock comparisons in the Best Motoring videos, along with the fact that you rarely saw any featured track MKIVs in any of those videos.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm very fortunate to have all 3 issues. Found them at my local used book store.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
^ Well you would be the perfect person to ask. Since the first one came out in the mid 90's, and the second one in 99, and the third one in 20xx, are they drastically different, or do they share a lot of the same pages?

·
Registered
415 Posts
The three issues were from 1994, 1998 and 2002. Portions of the second volume (1998) are visible on mkiv.com.

^ Well you would be the perfect person to ask. Since the first one came out in the mid 90's, and the second one in 99, and the third one in 20xx, are they drastically different, or do they share a lot of the same pages?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I purchased all three last year from someone liquidating their supra memorabilia collection here on the forums. All three are very different in that they do not feature any of the same cars and have a wide range of different parts in their catalogs. Of course some more common parts like the TRD parts will be the same from issue to issue, but it is well worth it to buy all three.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts
The three issues were from 1994, 1998 and 2002. Portions of the second volume (1998) are visible on mkiv.com.
I looked, didn't see it, thank you, I will look again.
I purchased all three last year from someone liquidating their supra memorabilia collection here on the forums. All three are very different in that they do not feature any of the same cars and have a wide range of different parts in their catalogs. Of course some more common parts like the TRD parts will be the same from issue to issue, but it is well worth it to buy all three.
Thanks for that info, going to try to find the other two now knowing that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Like cyberBird said, all 3 issues feature different Supras. Also, it's cool see some old school parts as well as how those tuning companies did on the sups back in the 90's

·
Registered
566 Posts
i just picked up 2 of the 3. going to check them out. thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts