Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
can you not
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, Hyundai and performance don't go together very often. However my friend drives a 2000 Accent and he wants to do SOMETHING with it (I guess being my roomate kind of does that to you). He doesn't want it riced out, but he wants to do a few light mods to it to gain a little bump in HP and make it sound better (sounds like an 10hp boat motor right now).

Anybody know of some good Hyundai performace sites/forums? At HyundaiPerfomance.com it looks like they're all a bunch of morons....

Thanks

-Joel

·
Never narc'd on nobody
3,246 Posts
Just save the money man....seriously. There is so little need to "do something" to that car it's uncalculable. If he has to "customize" THAT badly, buy a cool stereo for it or other stuff you can transfer to other cars later on.

·
helps you jump higher
945 Posts
you CAN'T make a n/a economy 4 banger sound good with bolt ons. It will always sound riced out... some a quieter riced out. But I guess like pretty much every N/A you can get intake, headers, and exhuast to bump the power up ... but what's the point? At the end of the day it's still just an accent and still won't beat an integra or even a G20.

It's an economy car, it's not ment to be fast, leave it that way.

·
Ludicrous speed! GO!
959 Posts
He can crash it into a concrete wall and get a real car with some potential.

·
Professional Slacker
270 Posts
just put some nitrous on it. $400-500 and your done.

Dave O-

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
www.sharkracing.com

www.kspec.com

I work at a Hyundai dealership as the DCR and Accessories Manager and can honestly tell you he's wasting his time. Even the slightest amount of flogging on it will kill the clutch as Hyundai clutches are weak as shit.

·
The Guitar Hero
205 Posts
MadMonkey said:
I know, I know, Hyundai and performance don't go together very often. However my friend drives a 2000 Accent and he wants to do SOMETHING with it (I guess being my roomate kind of does that to you). He doesn't want it riced out, but he wants to do a few light mods to it to gain a little bump in HP and make it sound better (sounds like an 10hp boat motor right now).

Anybody know of some good Hyundai performace sites/forums? At HyundaiPerfomance.com it looks like they're all a bunch of morons....

Thanks

-Joel

"my friend"

:greddy2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts