Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yahooo! Finally, I've got the JDM Twins Boosting properly. Man after weeks of trying to figure this out and taking it to people to work on, I stumbled across the problem tonight. It was ONE VSV hose that was not connected. The hose looked like it was going somewhere but it didn't. It was inside the rubber heat protector. You know the ones that are together if you want to do the VSV Bybass mod. It was right there.

So now I'm boosting to OBLIVION, which is what these JDM Turbos will do with a 3" DP and Exhaust. And HOLY CRAP, I must have picked up like 30-40 Horses, and I don't think that Turbo #2 was every really comming online. NOW IT IS. You don't understand how happy I am! Now I have to worry about OverBoosting but at least with the guage I can watch it and back it off.

I'm so Stoked right now.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I actually had the same problem. Whoever had the car before me had the vsv's connected wrong and it took me a long time to figure it out.
Congrats on your fix and good luck!

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pane2k said:
I actually had the same problem. Whoever had the car before me had the vsv's connected wrong and it took me a long time to figure it out.
Congrats on your fix and good luck!
Man, it's amazing how one little tube can rob you of so much power. I guess I need to get a restrictor plate now. I just want to boost around 10psi. I have a manual boost controller, but I don't think that will work with these J-spec turbos. From what I've read it's really an issue with the Wastegate being smaller....somebody please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts