Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, today my motor killed itself. I don't know what went wrong...I monitored a/f's, I was only running 7psi, I'm really upset right now. I think it might of spun a bearing or something. There are no oil leaks or coolant leaks or anything. I was doing a 4th gear pull, i slowed down, and the car turned off...turned it back on,and it did NOT sound good...So all I can say is FUCK IT! My fucking clutch had 300 FUCKIN MILES ON IT! The head gasket and head studs have like fucking 400 miles on them. This motor only had 3kmiles on it...sigh...so upsetting..I think its time for me to move on and get rid of this car. Thanks to all those who I bought parts off of. Thankyou....

na-t Dave

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Wow, that really sucks. I do hope that once the shock wears off you'll decide to stick with it and rebuild.

·
2,275 Posts
Grim129 said:
sell it buy a Nissan lol
haha nice, dont give up Dave she can be fixed if you have the time and a little bit of money you can get her going once again.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I don't know what to do. Illmatic thanks anyways but I'm either A. going to rebuild it and sell it or B. sell it with the blown motor. The cars getting painted next month by a friend of mine, running or not running. This way I'll be able to atleast get some money for the car....sigh.

na-t Dave

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Hey man dont give up. What you need is a fresh start. I know becuase i got the same problem on my hands... just had to tow my car today after only the SECOND time i took it out, clutch took a dump on me. I had the thing towed home and am not even going to touch it till at least next weekend or so. Its always money that stops, me at least from getting this thing to run 100%... oh well next weekend ill bleed the clutch, add more fluid to tranny, check all the hoses , slave and master cylinders and give it another try. If not ill give it to a shop. My car is soon bout to go for sale also, as soon as im done with fixing all the bugs.. i just bought a somewhat better situation. Still a project Supra but this one is a 1j. :) so waiting till i can get my hands on that ! Good luck man with whatever you do.

·
slowly giving up...
1,069 Posts
when i spun a bearing, i went turbo. since you're already turbo, you should get a BIGGER turbo. (after you repair any damage that was done, of course. you're young, reward yourself!)

-shaeff

·
DO WORK!!
2,275 Posts
I have been there more than once..... Get the motor built, dont just replace it with another used one.

I am keeping my car down for this whole year just to make sure I do things right and the way i want them..... Not rushing anything!! thats the key. Call me at the shop if there is anything we can do to help.

[email protected]

·
Registered
427 Posts
Shit, at least you don't own an rx7!

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
If the motor had only 3k miles then the motor was built wrong or it ran low on oil or just was tuned wrong. Those are trhe recipes for failure. No matter what you say to me I know for sure if built correctly, and anyone of those areas is short you will get a failure. The post I made on minimizing, and avoiding rod knock is key to a good rebuild. Was there a new oil pump. All of th e factors mentionedwill cause a failure, not to mention poor machining and assembly. DON'T take it to any place to get the job done. DON'T skimp on critical points like the RODS and crank.

·
Banned
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
QWIKSTRIKE said:
If the motor had only 3k miles then the motor was built wrong or it ran low on oil or just was tuned wrong. Those are trhe recipes for failure. No matter what you say to me I know for sure if built correctly, and anyone of those areas is short you will get a failure. The post I made on minimizing, and avoiding rod knock is key to a good rebuild. Was there a new oil pump. All of th e factors mentionedwill cause a failure, not to mention poor machining and assembly. DON'T take it to any place to get the job done. DON'T skimp on critical points like the RODS and crank.

Your absolutely right. I had a brand new oil pump put in. However, the shop I got it done at sucks ass. There machinist ( Who now is fired), blew up so many motors he has to hide from the customers so he doesn't get his ass kicked.(I'm not kidding) I think it was more of poor tuning then anything else. The car was full on oil...I still not sure what I should do. I'll post some pics of the carnage up once I take a better look at it. I'm considering selling the car as it is or parting it out and putting a 1jz or 2jz in...It's hard to stick with a car when all you do is pour money into it for the past 2 years and only drive the car 3,000 miles..I'll stop complaining.

na-t Dave

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Damn man, srry to hear that. hope u get that bad boy back on the street. good luck

saif :bigthumb:

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
I say quit, sell it..... and while you're at it drop out of school, break up with your gf, take up crack, quit playing ball, don't go to college, flip burgers all your life, and end up in jail, etc.

j/k but you get the point..............

sorry that's being a little rough on you, if it's too much for you just get a beater civic til you're out a college and come back to a supe once you can afford it.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
mdr40z said:
I say quit, sell it..... and while you're at it drop out of school, break up with your gf, take up crack, quit playing ball, don't go to college, flip burgers all your life, and end up in jail, etc.

j/k but you get the point..............

sorry that's being a little rough on you, if it's too much for you just get a beater civic til you're out a college and come back to a supe once you can afford it.
:lol: :) Hello MDRZ40 good point! Keep going...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts