Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I am going to need bigger brakes; that is assuming you guys aren't choping my car for parts!

I suppose the brakes might be able to wait but I was wondering how much fabrication would be involved in fitting the MKIV Brembo kit to the MKIII? Just the front and then the front and rear, if it is even possible to do the rear.

Kyle

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
or get a premade kit that FITS your car.. like the mk3 brembo kit or precision brake kit

S

·
0 Posts
I think some one makes a big brake kit for the MKIII. I will have to look into it...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am awared of a few options for the MKIII in the line of BBKs but I don't think the engineering of any of them compares to that of Brembo. So I was just wondering what it would take to make it happen, I do use my brakes . . .

And that was with a 140,000 mile ge.

KenHenderson spoke of someone who put a Rotora kit on their MKIV and it was a step down from OEM, the components on a Brembo kit have the quality and engineering put into them that I am looking for.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
KLH2004a said:
I am awared of a few options for the MKIII in the line of BBKs but I don't think the engineering of any of them compares to that of Brembo. So I was just wondering what it would take to make it happen, I do use my brakes . . .

And that was with a 140,000 mile ge.

KenHenderson spoke of someone who put a Rotora kit on their MKIV and it was a step down from OEM, the components on a Brembo kit have the quality and engineering put into them that I am looking for.

ummm

they all use the same parts lol. The only thing that differs is the calipers. Brakets are the same except for the mounting for thier particular caliper (AP racing, BAER, Brembo, Wilwood etc).

There are so many companies for brakes, none is better than the other. It is just preferences. ;)

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I totally disagree with that, except for the Calipers the are different and that is a huge part of the braking system.

But I would also venture to guess that the rotors are even made differently. I know that there are only two BBK available for the MKIII that have slots/cross drilling that is actually casted rather than but into them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Stillen makes a Brembo Kit for the MKIII, That is better than the Kits that Brembo Makes. Its better because they use a DBA 5000 series Rotor That is way more advanced then a Brembo Rotor. Its a Brembo F50 Caliper and a 330mmx32mm Rotor if I recall. If you question the Quality Stillen Developed The street BBK for brembo decades ago and now is the US distributor for AP and assembles and manufactures some of there kits.
Kanan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts