Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys,
I am gonna race my friends ls1 which dynoed 320rwhp and weighs about 3100 lbs. He ran a best of 12.6 at 112 our last time at the track. He did this on BFG's with a 1.9 60ft. What do I need to beat him? So far I am thinking of running him with an open dp, ffcd, mbc (or should I pull the hoses), street tires, race gas( dont know shit about it so if someone could tell me how much to use and mix with pump gas), pulled head light, and no trac fuse. I will throw in some NGK 1095's gapped at .032 before I go. Will me not having an intake make a big difference? I'll take the lid of the airbox and run with a pulled head light. Do u guys think this is enough to beat him? He is probably gonna put on flp long tube headers before we race, and that should give him 30-40 rwhp. Will I need to hook-up my NOS kit to beat him? Any info will help.
thanks
Yoshie
PS: My friend who I'am racing has a 6spd but he is one the best drivers I have met. I've seen him spank a lot of autos.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also have a s-afc, would it be worth puttin it in before I race my friend? How unsafe is the ffcd? Hopefully my BCC will be in by sat. I have done the 12v fuel pump mod along with the egr mod.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
95z28gonzo said:
Are you racing James?
AJ
No, it's not James. How have u been? I have seen or heard from u in a long time.

·
0 Posts
Been alright, I think i saw you a few weekends ago at the starbucks, I popped a headgasket, so the car is down right now while i try and find time to fix it. I'll see you at starbucks soon enough. :)
AJ

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did u ever slap on your lontubes? How much would u pick up in terms of rwhp? How much would a ls1 pick up in terms of rwhp?
Yoshie

·
0 Posts
Yes, I threw the longtubes on at the same time since they old shorties had to basically come off anyways. I'd say I'll pick up a solid 15-20 rwhp since I have heads/cam. I'm assuming the guy w/ the ls1 has shorties on already so he could look to pick up a solid 10-15 rwhp over shorties.
AJ

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He has whatever is stock. Are shorties stock? If he goes from stock to long tubes, how much rwhp will he gain?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No one here wants to give me track advice?

·
Registered
532 Posts
hey yosh, since this is for money, i would do all that i could to ensure victory. so i say put everything on, also can i come watch?? :D let me know when u plan on doin this,
kevin
ps just sold my car, so im now able to buy a supra, hopefully within this month or so if i can find a good deal, keep an eye out for me, i can prolly spend somewhere rite around 30k rite now, ttyl

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is gonna be at the drag strip. I plan on sprayin;) . If it is ok with him.

·
0 Posts
If he only had stock manifolds look for the longtubes to get him 25rwhp or so. I would say a solid 4-5mph at the track.
AJ

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
4 to 5 mph!!!! Shit that mans that he'll be trapping about 116. I need to take my ass to the track and figure out what the best time I can get without spraying.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Get a DP and drag radials. Do FFCD and pull the hose. Remove the headlight & air lid if you'd like. If you know what you're doing and your car is running right you will run low 12's to high 11's at 118-121 mph.

C

·
0 Posts
I need to take my ass to the track and figure out what the best time I can get without spraying.
Good Idea.

Good luck Yosh and post the outcome because it sounds like fun.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
white95supra said:
hey redbpu, how did you do the fuel pump mod? did it make a difference? if you could let me know i'd appreciate it. thanks
I only did the fuel pump mod, because it was recommended with the free fuel cut mod to prevent detonation when #2 comes online. The mod was very simple, it's as easy as cutting two wires and joining them. Check it out at www.mkiv.com under tech articles. The mod willl take u 5 minutes. I didn't really feel a difference, because I did everything at once.
Yoshie

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
DEFINITELY PULL YOUR HEADLIGHT!! I don't know the actual HP gain but it is there!! If it was more practical I would do it all the time.

Get some 106 octane unleaded and drop the air pressure in your rear tires to about 25 psi! Don't be too upset if he shoots of the line, you can catch him!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts