Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:1poke:
Hi there, I'm pretty ne to this forum but I was told tat I may be able to locate some parts and prices by posting my needs on Supra Forums. I am looking for:

1. Top Secret GT300 Complete Widebody Kit for 1993-98 Supra (replica)
*I ask for a replica because I know that the listed price for the Original is $7,500.00. I've used a replica kit on my 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo before ( I used the TRD 3000GT WideBoby Kit) and it came out super clean and cost not even half as much.

2. A 6-Spd Manual Transmission for the 1995 2jZGTE.

Thanks for any help you may be able to offer with this. Currently I live in Southern California So if you coul tell me some local places I'd appreciate it, However I'd appreciate anything from anywhere.. I can always ship.

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
We don't do knock-off Top Secret kits, they are ALL crappy quality. We are an authorized Top Secret dealer and I am not going to insult them by carrying cheap, low quality copies of their parts.

For the transmission I would recommend you check (and continue to check) the For Sale section. I see them come up for sale every few weeks.

Dusty

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
They make a TRD 300GT widebody kit for an MR2 ?

-Joe

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
iwannaTT said:
You carry knock-offs of their hoods...correct? I dont think as an authorized dealer your supposed to be carrying those, so insulting them you are.
You're travelling on thin ice...

If Dusty had it his ways he wouldn't be carrying such products. Its the demand of everyone wanting to use a knock-off that had choosen him to go that route. He prefers not to use them but since everyone urges him for one, leaves him with few choices. I just hope no one comes out with a Do-luck hood knock-off.

-Joe

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
I carry one replica kit in my entire inventory, and its of the TRD Supra widebody. I carry this kit for the following reasons:

1) Availability - the real kit takes 6-9 months to get. Don't believe me? Order one. They'll quote you 2-3 months. HAHA.

2) Competition - There are several crappy quality kits on the market, like the one Suprastore carries. Ask the unfortunate customers that have bought it, its total junk. So why not have a quality replica kit for people that want a nice kit that I guarnatee fits?

3) TRD - They are part of the largest corporation in the world. They do not care one bit about us or the Supra market. I deal with them on a day in, day out basis. They move at the typical pace of a large corporation with the care factor of a large corporation. I enjoy dealing with companies that care, like Top Secret and HKS and Blitz. "Big" companies like HKS and Brembo have proven you can be an industry leader, even the largest of its kind, and still care. If TRD was more like this I would never have commissioned a replica.

Notice you will find no other replicas on our website, and you never will. Its not what MVP is about. We are about quality, service, and being unique. Not about copying everyone else for less. We'll leave that to the turbo kit "manufacturers" that sponsor this forum. :) :) :)

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
386 Posts
I actually have the TRD replica that you sell being installed right now. The body shop said its very good quality

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
iwannaTT said:
I actually have the TRD replica that you sell being installed right now. The body shop said its very good quality

I have had one body shop who has installed both tell me mine was easier to install and was BETTER quality. I have never had a complaint, I can tell you that. That's why my kit cost $4500 instead of $2000. Ask anyone with the $2000 kit how their experience was...totally different story. As usual you get what you pay for...

Regards,

Dusty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts