Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stacey Barnett of Tucson, AZ dynoed his Performance Mortorsports built 95 Hardtop last nite and posted one run that graphed 1000.2 horsepower and 1000.4 ft/lb torque. He did with a 100 shot and sprayed intercooler. Not saying that he always going to be running it that way, but I thought that the torque numbers were very impressive and that the PM Stage 1 motor took it without missing a beat.

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
wild...wild stuff...congrats - !! Wanna dish out any more specs on the motor? ;)

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Damn!!!!
Chris doesnt mess around hehehe.
Congrats man!!!

Stacey you got one hell of a monster there.

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
Congratulations to all involved! That is HUGE!

If anyone has Stacey's e-mail address, please PM or e-mail it to me. I would like to chat with him, and get his updates for the hardtop registry since he purchased an existing members car.

Can't wait to hear about what that car does on the track...or his wicked red C5 I saw in Vegas. :)

Steve T.

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Both the 1000 rwtq supra and his TT C5 will be at TX2K4! :D
Peter

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Your basic off the shelf 272's. This is SW's old hardtop.
Peter

Brad Mayo said:
Thats awesome! What cams are in that car?

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Crazy torque indeed. I remember, not long ago, a thread about this particular car and engine. Rob Smith from RPS said that he spend a lot of time degreeing (sp?) the engine and that's why it was putting some much torque, way higher than your average 2JZ. It was an interesting thread, it must be somewhere not too far.

The engine also has a 8.5 CR, ported and polished head, rods, pistons with the AEM controlling the whole thing. Justin Nenni did the tuning in the past, I don't know if it's still the case now. Maybe Chris will continue with a more in-depth view.

-Olivier

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would have to give the machine shop that I use alot of credit. He is one hell of a perfectionist. He has also built a couple of 2JZ's that have run in the very low 7's. Unfortunately, the previous motor was not up to par. The motor is totally PM built.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
RPS's motor sucked? What broke on it?

Adam

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
The first built motor in the car broke. It threw a rod IIRC.

-Olivier

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Yo, Chris! Is SW building another secret Supra, or has he got you spending too much time restoring 70-73 Trans Ams? :D

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
silvino said:
I think this is the older car and not the one they just built up.
The old motor is lying on the floor in the corner..... It had issues...

Dan,
He stays busy trying to grow out his mullet:cool:

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
racing fan said:
Dan,
He stays busy trying to grow out his mullet
LOL! :lol: Maybe Chris should get himself a 72 T/A.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts