Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time since I have posted.
Well, my car has just been painted and as I'm helping putting it back together but I ran into a problem. I'm having a heck of a time reinstalling the 3rd. brake light (LED strip). I remember taking it off by removing the two screws that held the metal brackets in place but I can't seem to repeat/reverse the job. Does anyone have experience with reinstallation? Am I doing something wrong? I have done a search but found nothing. I guess some sort of picture or car manual diagram would be helpful.
Thanks in advance!:drama:

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,444 Posts
There are 2 brackets that hold the brake light in place, if you install the brackets correctly that it will fit back on. When you tighten the brackets, do not use force as you will break the light housing.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I know about the brackets, the problem is I don't remember how they go. I've tried every way but I can't get the light housing to tighten up. Do the brackets go cris cross opposite of the back of the light, or snugged in? This is the only thing pending to put the wing and stroll.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've already tried sliding the brackets into the housing both with the longer side down and up. I cannot get the brackets to hold the housing into place to tighten. What direction does the longer side of the bracket go, up or down? Any help appreciated.

·
stop playin wit mah name
2022 Alpina XB7
1,934 Posts
You install the brackets onto the light first (give the nuts a few threads onto the studs), and then you drop the whole thing back into the slot.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Went ahead and ghetto rigged it. I put sliding nuts until it had enough leverage to push the brackets back and tighten the OEM nut to secure the light. Worked like a sharm. LED brake light looks nice now with the fresh paint. I was planning on selling the car after painting, but I think I just changed my mind.
A Chingau!!!!

Thanks for all the help!

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
You install the brackets onto the light first (give the nuts a few threads onto the studs), and then you drop the whole thing back into the slot.
^This is the easiest way to do it.^

The brackets go on only one way,if you take a good look from side profile,you will see that the housing is angled ,so are the brackets, BTW, the nuts are attached to the brackets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts