Supra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Power shift that bitch!
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It began with the Northwest import series....

In part 1- I placed 3rd.

In part two-eliminated 1st round, shift linkage needed to be adjusted.

In part three- eliminated 1st round, clutch went out 2nd gear.

got the clutch installed...Toyota had it for a couple of days due to parts being delivered. My car was to be ready on Thursday. So that morning i ran down the stairs at work to grab my phone out of the loaner car and ....I sprained my ankle (the clutch foot at that)....

That weekend my foot was doing better so i managed to get my clutch broken in, in two days ;)

Had the bolts checked before racing and all the pressure plate bolts were way over torqued that one snapped (Thank you Toyota). So i had to buy all new ones and replace the overstressed and broke one.

In part four of the series- new clutch first time racing with it...so yeah my launches looked like um they needed improvement. During my second pass, at WOT in second gear my rear view mirror came flying off the windshield nailed me in teh arm. The whole damn mirror broke off taking a chunk of the glass with it and leaving two little cracks....WTF!

Overall, I finished 3rd in points.

·
GT-R DUN, Son.
3,491 Posts
Premier Panda said:
Too much power for the factory windshield?
:werd: usually the clutch, driveshaft, or diff is the weak link...now..its the rearview mirror! :wtflol:

·
900 BHP Club :)
4,923 Posts
Ouch! Is your arm ok? :)

brb, gonna go check my rearview mirror...

·
LexusTico
3,172 Posts
lol that rear view mirror flying off is a new one. I got nailed by my radar detector flying off the mount once, but the rear view mirror definitely takes the cake :doh:

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Wow...sorry to hear of the continued streak Michelle. I'm sure your luck will improve soon! :)

·
1st Lieutenant Team BEYAW
1,913 Posts
did you move Michelle? i dont rmember you having stairs..... :scratch:

sorry about your luck! they usually say bad luck comes in streaks of three, but you may be going for a different record ;)

get your problems figured out and win something damn it! ;)

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,715 Posts
:bowrofl: My rear view usually needs adjustment after a hard launch. So what times are you running these days with a healthy clutch?

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
Exactly, i don't recall michelle having stairs aside from the federal way place.

Michelle: Destroying factory mirrors since 2006.

·
Power shift that bitch!
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SupraWoman98T said:
So that morning i ran down the stairs at work to grab my phone out of the loaner car and

hehe, wow is all i have to say...one woman show!

·
Stock Twins King
4,551 Posts
Wow, that's rough~! and I thought bad luck was in 3's lol! Oh wel, there's always the import thing coming up in early July, you otta have that mirror super glued by then !

Which Toyo place did the work. If I were to EVER take my supra tp be repaired, I'd take it to Curt at Michaels.

·
Registered
744 Posts
SupraWoman98T said:
It began with the Northwest import series....

In part 1- I placed 3rd.

In part two-eliminated 1st round, shift linkage needed to be adjusted.

In part three- eliminated 1st round, clutch went out 2nd gear.

got the clutch installed...Toyota had it for a couple of days due to parts being delivered. My car was to be ready on Thursday. So that morning i ran down the stairs at work to grab my phone out of the loaner car and ....I sprained my ankle (the clutch foot at that)....

That weekend my foot was doing better so i managed to get my clutch broken in, in two days ;)

Had the bolts checked before racing and all the pressure plate bolts were way over torqued that one snapped (Thank you Toyota). So i had to buy all new ones and replace the overstressed and broke one.

In part four of the series- new clutch first time racing with it...so yeah my launches looked like um they needed improvement. During my second pass, at WOT in second gear my rear view mirror came flying off the windshield nailed me in teh arm. The whole damn mirror broke off taking a chunk of the glass with it and leaving two little cracks....WTF!

Overall, I finished 3rd in points.
Sorry bout the bad luck michelle. Hope your ankle is healed enough to drive down to PIR one of these weekends. :)

-Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts