Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
The Storey sounds solid if you ask me. I have raced a few bikes and from a 60 pull. Right off the go I pull the bike way hard and anything over 160 the bikes fall on there face..... Now if bikes are turbo'd they do really well..... But then again my car was making some ok power when I raced the last bike. IMO storey sounds 100% real.

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
I would usually get the jump on most cars if i stayed in first or second gear on my 750. Keep in mind that first gear in the yamaha R1 goes up to 105-110. So he would have been right in the sweet spot.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Pulling an R1 in a Z06 by that much make's me wonder a little. Especially without a video.

Ask him if he's got a modified 5th and 6th gear or if his car just pulls in 6th b/c of the power. I know my 5th gear will take me to 178 and 6th will make the car fall on it's face if I try to keep going.... but I've only got 400whp.

·
FUCK NOW!
1,076 Posts
Unless the R-1 was chillin in 4th gear or something then I don't see it pulling like that. If the R1 was in 2nd and hit it - that Vette is not pulling shit.

I would like to race him on my Gixxer 1000 and see what he is pulling...

Jonny

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You would need one crazy tire on the car and a ton of power...

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
No amount of tire and power could do that. A 150whp 450lb bike should jump anything and everything on the hit.

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
You tell him, Wormy. :bigthumb:

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
and a 300 lb guy riding it...
I didn't see the vid. Just saying a liter bike in the correct gear with the throttle being wacked open WILL jump just about anything except a blown pro-mod, which shouldn't be driving down the highway. :)

·
FN Herstal
773 Posts
its really not that hard beating bikes when it comes down to car vs. bike....my friends 240sx fully built SR20 keeps up with busa's and beats some 1000's depends wat bike ZX10-R not a chance and he is only making about over 550RWHP it also has to do with his boost...and i will for sure say he can pull some fast supra's out here in tampa....now he's tuning the SR20DET into a 2.5 SR20 he will make over 700+HP

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
its really not that hard beating bikes when it comes down to car vs. bike....my friends 240sx fully built SR20 keeps up with busa's and beats some 1000's depends wat bike ZX10-R not a chance and he is only making about over 550RWHP it also has to do with his boost...and i will for sure say he can pull some fast supra's out here in tampa....now he's tuning the SR20DET into a 2.5 SR20 he will make over 700+HP
Not saying anything about winning/losing. But back when my LS1 Transam was running a 250 shot, putting down over 750rwtq on a manual tranny my friend on his liter bike would STILL jump a few bike lengths on the hit.

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
I didn't see the vid. Just saying a liter bike in the correct gear with the throttle being wacked open WILL jump just about anything except a blown pro-mod, which shouldn't be driving down the highway. :)
I dont think there was a vid, just adding that the rider could be severely overweight. Even if that were the case, I'd have a hard time believing it still.

·
A T-Rex going "Rawr!"
2,778 Posts
I dont think there was a vid, just adding that the rider could be severely overweight. Even if that were the case, I'd have a hard time believing it still.
True but this isn't a busa. A 300lb man will have a hard time getting on a 1000 at all.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
For the most part, since I own a liter bike, I stopped believing car/bike kill stories on the net.

I raced a 600-700 hp 996 GT2 a few months ago from a 60 roll and immediately put about 3 cars on him from the go. By 170 he closed the gap to about 1.5-2 cars and we shut down but he never got even with me, nor did he pass me. Eventually he would have though.

The same day the same 996 GT2 raced a stroked twin T72 viper making somewhere in the neighborhood of 1300 rwhp (not sure about boost or gas type). The Porsche initially got a car jump but that was it. I was behind the Viper and hit it the same time they did. I walked past the Porsche and never caught the Viper as he left me and the Porsche liek we were standing still. There was absolutely no chance of me even coming remotely close to catching him.

Having said that, I have a very very hard time believing any 550 rwhp car can come close to running with a liter bike piloted by a knowledable rider. The only time a 500-600 rwhp car will come close to or pass a bike is when the bike hits its aerodynamic wall and there is a long enough road for the car to finally catch up.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yeah 550hp i dont know if thats enough to take a 1000 bike. I have ran a few bikes out here in Utah when I had a smaller turbo and spanked everyone of them. but thats alittle different 960hp to 550hp Yeah little different. A bunch of my friends out here are stunt riders and one guy has a turbo'ed GSX 1000 which is sick.... Never raced him but I know that bike is stupid fast.

·
Registered
54 Posts
its all down to the rider. that bike can make 150 hp on the hit or 50hp. what gear and how he rides is the true teller. a six hundred can leave faster than a liter bike from a sixty roll if a rider starts in first gear and nails second on the jump. a car that would have the power to leave anybike from a roll like that would have some serious traction issues. Its all the rider period.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts