·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
sucks, but you pay for what you get.

-Brett

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
There seems to be something fishy with I-forged. I saw that the guy only got 3 of the 4 wheels ordered.

I know of two people here that had the same thing happen - that just seems WAAAY too coincidental.

Oh well - it only took 5 weeks for my SSR's to cross the big pond from Japan.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I just read the thread you posted a link to.

All I can say is I am in utter disbelief.

This is very alarming to me. I have heard about the problems with Iforged and I have even posted threads like this. I guess the scare wore off after seeing pics of the black supra on this forum with the brushed 18 inch aroes.

The wheels on that car have the exact look I am looking for and was cosidering ordering a set of these wheels next month.

Thanks for posting this cause you just probably saved me a TON of hassle that I can't afford to deal with at this time.

-pete

·
Registered
94 Posts
Pete, if you like that look, go for a set of HRE's../yes, you will be spending more money but you will also get what your promised. I know from personal experience, you will be happy as an end result...not frustrated beyond belief.

And no, I do not have any affiliation with HRE....I just feel compelled to share information that might help fellow enthusiasts out..and maybe save folks from 7 months of hell.

·
Registered
763 Posts
TTurboPimp said:
Pete, if you like that look, go for a set of HRE's../yes, you will be spending more money but you will also get what your promised. I know from personal experience, you will be happy as an end result...not frustrated beyond belief.

And no, I do not have any affiliation with HRE....I just feel compelled to share information that might help fellow enthusiasts out..and maybe save folks from 7 months of hell.
Thanks, I appreciate and agree with your input. If that is the look that I am going to end up with then I will most likely have to pay the price.

I also have been cosidering the one piece forged wheels by CCW but the sizes are limited and only come in 19's. I love the look of the 19's but my car's massive power would be completely wasted with them.

With the 18 at least I can run some sticky tires (especially out back). I am looking at 18X9.5ish Front and 18X11 rear (Reverse Construction is a must for three piece wheels). These rim sizes will give me some flexibility and would be basically the best all around comprimise between weight, tire selection, rim protection, ability to lay power down in straight line or in the curves, and have acceptable looks.

I was thinking something like what TTBOMB has on his silver car but with my black car sitting a tad lower.

It just sucks that someone can not produce this type of product for a reasonable price AND give impecable or even half way decent service.

-pete

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
neonafk said:
sucks, but you pay for what you get.

-Brett
I know the IForged service sucks,but have you seen their wheels in person?
I have,I've put IForged Seneca right next to HRE 540R,there is no difference in quality ,it's identical wheel and finish details are the same.
Service SUCKS BADLY!!but you could have same problem with some of the HRE dealers ,like Wheeltec in Tampa,

R

·
0 Posts
exvelocity said:
I know the IForged service sucks,but have you seen their wheels in person?
I have,I've put IForged Seneca right next to HRE 540R,there is no difference in quality ,it's identical wheel and finish details are the same.
Service SUCKS BADLY!!but you could have same problem with some of the HRE dealers ,like Wheeltec in Tampa,
well i guess no one is trying to talk about quality here. in fact i dont' think we should coz' we don't have them. i have hre, and i know it's good quality. iforged might be good stuff too, but then the problem is whether it will even arrive, right? :)

oh and btw, if you get hre, i wonder if you can screw up. unless the distributor sux (which then makes it NOT hre problem), hre is very on time and precise on their manufacturing as far as i know. i had very timing critical issues on my hre and i was kept very updated on every step of the purchase, until i got the wheels on my car :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts