Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey I just wanted to share my find with you people. This is my moms new boyfriend..hes soo cool, and what a coincidence he has a freakin mk3! We hung out today and i checked out his mk3 and he wanted me to restore his engine bay and I was totally up for it. We also went for a drive in his c5 vette which he let me drive! I was very very impressed with his corvettes and how well they handle.

PIX!!

1967 L88 Corvette...1/20 made i beleive

his 87 supra

another shot

engine parts for his engine build

block

From what he has told me (and hes freakin smart as hell) hes goin with weisco forged pistons, stock race prepped rods, o-ring'd block + hks MHG, arp hardware everywhere, race head built...1mm o/s valves and a custom clutch setup. Hes only gonna be doing a 60-1 ct-26 upgrade and some goodies like an hks exhaust and hks intercooler. The graphics on the car came with it. The biggest suprise that came to me was the 14" brake setup he put on the car....its just sick...i didnt take any pics cuz i forgot but ill take them next weekend and show you guys. He also did a shitload of suspension mods like swaybars and shocks/springs...its a very impressive car!

He knows his shit...hes been racing cars and bikes forever and has had that vette since 72. Hes my new best friend :)

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
cool coincidence. i dunno about that wavey stuff on the under the mouldings though ;/

-Joe :run:

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
Justin said:
haha, soundsl ike you're more in loev with him that your mom :)

that would be hilarious in a sad way if he cheated on his mom...then they kept seeing each other at meets and shit.

·
Moderator, Aight Peace
6,130 Posts
Very nice, but Oringed block with a HKS MHG? Why not a copper one? aight peace :run:

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
3,378 Posts
hahaha u know he loves his supra. Under cover in garage! vette outside in the sun lol

·
Minor Threat
391 Posts
Man, I think you're mom might be dating him just for the '67 Vette. Easily my favorite year among that marque. Looks like another potent MKIII is in the works. How long has he owned it? You should put him down with Supraforums. And tell him to lose the graphics and TSW wheels....

Very nice, but Oringed block with a HKS MHG? Why not a copper one?
Eric87t has an O-ringed block with an HKS MHG, also. I thought he was the only one. The previous owner had the work done.

EDIT: BTW, do you know what he paid for that '67 Vette? You can't touch a driveable, solid example (let alone anything rare) for less than $35k. I'll bet he didn't even pay 1/10 of that...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yah that l88 is pretty nasty...

Yah my mom was starting to get jelous "you spend more time with him then i do!" and im like :blah: "u dont understand his mechanical side" :rolleyes:

yah the vette is worth like 100k its all original...interior is minty :) he road races it from time to time

He had the supra for like 5 years. It has 67k on it and he wants to sell it as is with all the engine stuff for 10 grand, but once its running he wants 15 for it. For what the engine will be capable of as a base thats kinda cheap...the brakes alone were like 5 grand.... :bigthumb:

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
sounds like a smart guy, rarely do people not on the internet know how to build up a mk3.

The waves look alright coupled with the blue wheels imo.

Ang

N

·
0 Posts
NegativeGeForce said:
Hey I just wanted to share my find with you people. This is my moms new boyfriend..hes soo cool, and what a coincidence he has a freakin mk3! We hung out today and i checked out his mk3 and he wanted me to restore his engine bay and I was totally up for it. We also went for a drive in his c5 vette which he let me drive! I was very very impressed with his corvettes and how well they handle.

PIX!!

1967 L88 Corvette...1/20 made i beleive

From what he has told me (and hes freakin smart as hell) hes goin with weisco forged pistons, stock race prepped rods, o-ring'd block + hks MHG, arp hardware everywhere, race head built...1mm o/s valves and a custom clutch setup. Hes only gonna be doing a 60-1 ct-26 upgrade and some goodies like an hks exhaust and hks intercooler. The graphics on the car came with it. The biggest suprise that came to me was the 14" brake setup he put on the car....its just sick...i didnt take any pics cuz i forgot but ill take them next weekend and show you guys. He also did a shitload of suspension mods like swaybars and shocks/springs...its a very impressive car!

He knows his shit...hes been racing cars and bikes forever and has had that vette since 72. Hes my new best friend :)
that L88 is badass, L88s are rare

BoostAddctn said:
Very nice, but Oringed block with a HKS MHG? Why not a copper one? aight peace :run:
exactly what i was thinking

also o-ring seems to be more of a domestic thing, i havent seen to many o-ringed imports

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
all that engine work for a ct-26 60-1? thats the most retarded shit ive ever heard :lol:

its very clean though except the crappy wheels and the graphic thing on the bottom...

unless he finds a sucker no one will pay 10k for that setup let alone 15k when its running... hed be lucky to get 7-8k for it RUNNING... IMO...but theres always a sucker or two ot there i guess....

·
512RWHP... 503RWTQ... 7M
3,292 Posts
IdealSupra said:
unless he finds a sucker no one will pay 10k for that setup let alone 15k when its running... hed be lucky to get 7-8k for it RUNNING... IMO...but theres always a sucker or two ot there i guess....
I am NOT going to say a word here... :wtflol:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Reign_Maker said:
I am NOT going to say a word here... :wtflol:
Perhaps Ideal overlooked the extensive suspension/brake work? Then on top of that a 67k original miles 87 with a motor built to handle 600+ rwhp? Shit yea, you could do it yourself for cheaper than 10-15k, but not everyone has the resources or willingness to go through it all. But thats neither here nor there I guess, this topic isn't really about what price he should sell the car for anyhow :)

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
cre3d said:
Perhaps Ideal overlooked the extensive suspension/brake work? Then on top of that a 67k original miles 87 with a motor built to handle 600+ rwhp? Shit yea, you could do it yourself for cheaper than 10-15k, but not everyone has the resources or willingness to go through it all. But thats neither here nor there I guess, this topic isn't really about what price he should sell the car for anyhow :)
heh jake said that because of a convo i had with him earlier today ;)

i didnt overlook anything really...if it was a 89+ then i might be able to see 10k for a running car... but the 87-88s just DONT bring in anything MARKET value...its not my opinion its obvious when you lok at ebay and autotrader and on here....

its nice...not for me...but nice....

and i still dont understand all that engine work for a little ct26 60-1? :dunno:

also...so according to what you think...my car shuold sell for 15k plus?

89 with 62k original miles...10k mile rebuilt engine with 60-1 turbo...

·
Registered
454 Posts
IdealSupra said:
heh jake said that because of a convo i had with him earlier today ;)

i didnt overlook anything really...if it was a 89+ then i might be able to see 10k for a running car... but the 87-88s just DONT bring in anything MARKET value...its not my opinion its obvious when you lok at ebay and autotrader and on here....

its nice...not for me...but nice....

and i still dont understand all that engine work for a little ct26 60-1? :dunno:

also...so according to what you think...my car shuold sell for 15k plus?

89 with 62k original miles...10k mile rebuilt engine with 60-1 turbo...
I completely understand your argument on market value, thats really a key deciding factor on mk3's these days... These days its more about luck finding someone who doesn't quite realize the potential of the vehicle than its actual market value imo.

As for your car, depending on how many mods are on there, I could completely see you selling the car for 15k. My buddy Orian Iglesias from connecticut sold his mk3 for around that price IIRC, and though he was putting down 550+ rwhp, his car didn't have many other mods at all (suspension was stock cut springs for drag purposes for example, nothing else). Its more about what the car is worth to someone than what its market value is these days.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts