Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sank in between my valvecovers.

I pulled out my plug wires and I was wondering why I couldn't see my plugs. :scratch:

FUUUUUUUUUUUU

there's got to be a whole quart of oil in there. Thanks aftermarket PCV hose! :bigok:

·
Overlooked
4,677 Posts
Lol. I'm fighting the same problem. It was from my PCV ports being clogged and now the gaskets won't seal properly. I'll hopfully figure it out tomorrow.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait and this post is more usefull then the 2-step thread?

Thread
\
:kekegay:

Nah, I'm just venting my frustrations out about my 7m in the mK3 section.

Brake Cleaner is my new best friend.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
bahahaha, but you gotta admit it was funny!

Take a paper towe and soak all the oil around the plugs up first then pull them and clean them so you don't get arking!

Seth

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bahahaha, but you gotta admit it was funny!

Take a paper towe and soak all the oil around the plugs up first then pull them and clean them so you don't get arking!

Seth
I sucked out all the oil with a special vacuum pump we have in the shop, then I filled the gally back up with degreaser... sucked it back out again and how I'm going in one by one with brake cleaner and my air hose and making everything nice and clean. My wires are soaking in a very mild degreaser to get all the oil off of them, then I will be drying them one by one with my air hose and giving them a light spray of silicone spray to keep them moisturized.

·
Dont question the good Dr
473 Posts
Seems like a lot of work for plugs. Ever consider just buying new plugs since your already going through the hassle?

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Seems like a lot of work for plugs. Ever consider just buying new plugs since your already going through the hassle?
How do you get the plugs out without the oild running down into the cylinders to switch the plug out, turn the car upside down? lol

Plus are cheap, but the oil running into the motor and on everything is a pain in the ass!

Seth

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Plugs are good. My PCV hose got kinked and the blow-by forced oil out of my valvecover gaskets, filling the galley up with oil.

How do you get the plugs out without the oild running down into the cylinders to switch the plug out, turn the car upside down? lol

Plus are cheap, but the oil running into the motor and on everything is a pain in the ass!

Seth

I sucked out all the oil with a special vacuum pump we have in the shop, then I filled the gally back up with degreaser... sucked it back out again and how I'm going in one by one with brake cleaner and my air hose and making everything nice and clean. My wires are soaking in a very mild degreaser to get all the oil off of them, then I will be drying them one by one with my air hose and giving them a light spray of silicone spray to keep them moisturized.
I never took the plugs out, so nothing got in the cylinders. The plugs are still fairly new, I got them about a month ago. NGKs > *

The Vacuum pump we have, Nissan sent it to us to remove brake fluid out of Sentra brake boosters because they had a master cylinder problem.

So it is perfect for sucking out all the oil from between the plug and the head.

It has a small hose I can stick down in there to suck the oil out and it collects all the oil in a little container that I have to empty out when it gets too full.

·
going broke fast
2,401 Posts
i'm glad they added some extra bolt's on the jz valve cover's,but i've been there with the shop vac on the 7m before.

·
Banned
1,062 Posts
Degree I was refering to the guys comment above, I know you sucked the oil out I wa saying to him how would he do it...lol I know how you did it!

Seth

·
Dont question the good Dr
473 Posts

Seth
misinterpretation of what I was talking about . i was not refering to the work of removing the oil from the plug valley. That is neccessary, and the plugs must stay in order to suck out the oil. That is not what I was talking about. The part I'm talking about is where he cleaned them, let them dry, applied silicon etc. It's much easier and better for the engine to simply install new spark plugs isn't it? I only commented on the situation because I've gone through the same thing, re-installed the old plugs to only have plug failure later, when simply installing new plugs would have taken that possible failure out of the equation.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
misinterpretation of what I was talking about . i was not refering to the work of removing the oil from the plug valley. That is neccessary, and the plugs must stay in order to suck out the oil. That is not what I was talking about. The part I'm talking about is where he cleaned them, let them dry, applied silicon etc. It's much easier and better for the engine to simply install new spark plugs isn't it? I only commented on the situation because I've gone through the same thing, re-installed the old plugs to only have plug failure later, when simply installing new plugs would have taken that possible failure out of the equation.
I inspected the plugs and they still looked good, so I checked each gap, applied anti-seize to the threads and reinstalled them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts