Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im driving around with my friend cuz i promised him a ride in my ride on the weekend so at around midnight and went to this area where they usually race around and i saw a cop there and he saw me and then he turned and followed me. i kept driving slow and then i pulled into this one area by a warehouse its a shop i been to before and he pulled in right be hind me too and turned on his stupid bright light and his blue and redlights. so i got out of my car and kept walking away like i was going to that shop place

cop: all hey!
me: what!!
cop: do you work here?!
me: no,
cop: what are you doing here?
me: trying to get this place's number
cop: he said some blah blah blah
me: why the heck did you pull me over?
cop: because i just chased out a bunch of racers outta here
me: soo??
cop: and your car looks like a racer!
me: doesnt mean i race it its all stock and its expensive why would i want to tear
it up
cop: i just pulled over a 100k benz for racing
me: soo?!!! that guy is rich and he can do what he wants and im not rich and cant
i drive around?!
cop: some blah blah

then i started walking away to the door to see if i can see what time that place closes and stuff...

cop: i think you should just get in the car and leave before we spend some time
here and ill search your car ...
me: why?! cant i check what time this place closes?

i just got in and left. I dont have anything wrong with my car its all stock and i told him that im all its all stock whats the prob?! The one thing he could get me on is the no front plate, but thats it?!

Im posting this thread to see if anyone has been in the same situations. I was the only car there, they cant do anything can they? how far can they go and cant you just tell them to leave you alone and not leave and they cant do nothing, and isnt there a thing that they cant harras you for no reason and cant intimidate you?

Im thinking ill go to the sheriff station monday by my work and talk to someone and see what they say about this story and see how far the cop can go and what i can do etc...

lets hear your stories and what have you done about it? or what would you do next time or what should i and we all do next time?

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
Thats nothing... I was fallowing my buddie who has a toyota pickup all 4x4'd out and we were goin to get gas at a gas station around 1am then I was gonna park my car and jump in his truck and go off roadin at night for some late night hick fun. So there is a cop at the gas station we pull into and I start pumpin my friend is pumpin his gas too.. well my friend leans in to my car and starts talkin to me while we wait for gas to fill up. Well he goes inside and I notice a shit load more cops start showing up. I was like wtf is goin on.. then a cop car rushs and blocks me in in the front and then another blocks me in from the back of and same to my buddies truck and they tell me to take the keys and drop em on the floor get my hands up and what not.. I tell them no cause I didnt do shit but get gas.. anyways they get their guns out now and im surrounded by 9 cop cars that I could count and was told to GET OUT OF YOUR VEHICLE WITH YOUR HANDS UP! So I do so and tell the cop What the fuck did I do... they come over start pattin me down and tell me to shut up. Im gettin reallly pissed by now and start tellin em im gonna file charges for harrasment and false arrest. They get even more pissy with me. They then cuff me and put me in the back of a cop car. Then they ask me what im doin in "This part of town" and why I was out late and doin random test on me to see if im high or drunk. I keep askin the cops what the fuck I was being harrased for and what I did. They then proceed to ask to search my car. I told them go ahead there aint shit in there anyways. They then later after all said and done tell me I looked suspicious with my friend leaning in my car as if it was a drug deal and then tell me they usually dont see "High end cars" in that area accept for drug dealers. So with my friend leaning in the cop said it looked like he was witnessing a deal going down. I was like you gotta fuckin be kidding me.. THen they say they dont want to see me in this part of town again. I tell the cop.. next time u fuckin see me better not pull me over unless your ready to loose your ready to speak to my lawyer cause I fuckin live in this town. He mumbles more bs to me and my friend and I take off. I tell you some cops have nothing better to do than bother people who havent done shit wrong.

-Dan

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
I bet you didn't know that the supra was a cop magnet - now you do. The last thing you want to do, when being followed by a cop, is act suspicious. Going to a shop at midnight will raise a flag even if you were driving a station wagon. If I were the cop I would have stopped you too. Next time a cop follows you, just set your cruise control to 35 or whatever the speed limit.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you didn't get a ticket and hope you learn from this experience.

·
Registered
156 Posts
be glad he didn't take you back to the station.
next time you should get the cops badge number and name.
that way you can file a complaint.
but its pretty much hopeless, remember Rodney King.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im using all the lines this guy has used!!! http://www.street-lethal.com/funny/iroc.mp3

its gotta be the funniest radio call i have ever heard!!! give it about 5 minutes into the audio and then you will be rolling all the way to the end.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
NickT916 said:
im using all the lines this guy has used!!! http://www.street-lethal.com/funny/iroc.mp3

its gotta be the funniest radio call i have ever heard!!! give it about 5 minutes into the audio and then you will be rolling all the way to the end.
That's Phil Henry, a local talk show host on AM 640. If you don't know him, he's a fake. He pretends that he has guests and/or callers but he does all the voice. He's basically talking to himself. Listen carefully and you'll see that it's the same person talking.

·
SuperWhiteNinetyTwoMeat
1,001 Posts
Well he never talks over Camaro guy and the Camaro guy never talks over the host, but he talks over other callers.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
hmm lol

actually in the begining when he goes Chris (the caller) is saying they are targeting the iroc camaro and Phil over talked Chris for a split second right when he said "...iroc camaro... la area they have" and he goes "iroc what are they?"

Plus its windy when Chris is talking a little you can hear it..

·
I'm very humble.
1,399 Posts
Actually cops are now trained on what they should look for on cars that may street race. They're trying to crack down on racing. Unfortunately you're going to have to get used to what happened to you.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Red C5 said:
Actually cops are now trained on what they should look for on cars that may street race. They're trying to crack down on racing. Unfortunately you're going to have to get used to what happened to you.

Exactly. The cops here in the OC are now supposedly all trained to look out for cars that are fixed up. Also, it pays to be nice to cops.

·
Premium Member
4,972 Posts
(Knock on wood) But I've always been more concerned about the cops driving by me, then they were about me. If you were in an area where people were street racing and apparently he was right about you looking for the races. And it sounds like he was pretty cool, just telling you to take off.

Zaknafein, Racial Profiling is illegal, not car profiling.

I know that many cops are now taking "Street Racing" Courses, so it probably won't be getting any better... :(

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
There should be a warning stick put on all imports stating

"WARNING: This vehicle may be profiled as a racer by police. They may pull you over just because this vehicle is an import even though they have no grounds to pull you over on. Whatever you do, dont put nicer rims on or a nice exhaust because you will be pulled over for no reason. Thank You"

·
Registered
405 Posts
well what sucks the most is when ur just chillin at the movies outside of ur car ready to take off and a officer stops u before u start to leave and interrogates you and then claims that if he see's you in your own city he will pin anything on you or even tow your vehicle away :blah:.... and that is why its hopeless :rolleyes:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I dont have that problem with my supra, i had more of a problem with my 70 nova. although it was a only 307, Headtek headers(i got them cheap), cherry bomb muffler and 4 inch piping and curved to come out in front of the back tire. I swear I would get pulled over at least 4 times a week in different places...

·
former SVB
1,155 Posts
Hanging out at races is illegal. I made that mistake once and pulled over for expired registration. Mind you the registration was only one hour expired (it was 1AM) he then proceeded to talk the talk.

Next time, why don't you take your wife, girlfriend, or whatever you have going on out to a nice dinner and movie instead of the races. If i see your car here again i will pull you over and impound it. And don't think that i won't do it .... bla bla bla bla..... people might think they can drive perfect, but i'll find something.......

It was funny cause the GF was a sheep. :)

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I HATE COPS, i have been abused by them a hundred times, filed a complaint, they never did shit, got 11 exhaust tickets, all dismissed, filed a complaint, never did shit, came to my house with guns drawn while I was eating dinner, filed a complaint, never did shit. Took 2 handguns I owned illegally, appealed it and won, made a published case law "City of San Diego v. Kevin B (2004)" that says the cops had no authority to take my property and took my property illegally. Dude, cops are getting out of control these days, Rodney King is gonna happen again, Bush started this whole Iraq war with the same mentality as these cops. I think there should be another riot to put these cops in check and stop pushing people for bullshit and to keep the government in check.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts