Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Lag = Foreplay
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some one went into my garage behind my house while i was at work and walked out with a ton of my tools and my new ecu but thats the only part from the car they took they probably dont even know what i does i am so pissed what can i do to try and locate my tools and ecu.because i know the cops are not gonna help me. this took place in baton rouge LA.

·
Registered
213 Posts
theres not really much you can do, just look out for your tools in the newspaper or or ebay for your ecu. see if that person is selling them. sorry to hear man that sux.

·
Registered
182 Posts
That sucks man. One day I was working on my car with my tools out. Ran inside to get a drink came out and my tools were gone! I never caught the [email protected]$ but I was soooo pissed. I feel your pain. Live and Learn.

·
Done? It's never done!
170 Posts
wow, that really sucks. At least they didn't take your whole car. Just like the others said, keep an eye out on ebay and any other local parts listings.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Where I'm at, the garage is in the back of the house and there's an alley-way that runs back there. We get "trash" ppl driving thru and if they spot sumthin' out there in your driveway or if your garage is open, they'll just snatch whatever they can. Worse when the kids are out of school... seen some low-class kids riding their bikes thru our neighborhood scoping sheeyat out. Just wanna drop kick 'em.

Sorry to hear about it... I'm being more careful myself these days.

·
FIX-R upper
567 Posts
I leave my tools out all the time.. I'm talking about inpact gun, sets of snap-on sockets, snap-on renches.. anything you can think of when working on a car!! good nieghborhood :biggrin:

G

·
You need to get hte cops out there, even if you don't have a lot of faith in them helping you. If the value of what was taken is over 500 (hint, hint), and especially if you ahve pics of hte tools, any serial numbers, etc, it rachets up the charge. Plus, was the garage open? If they had to break in, that itself is a felony....

G

·
I leave my stuff out all the time, too.....course, anyone coming to get it would be taking their life in their hands. My dogs are big wusses when I'm there. They'll rip your leg off if I'm not home. Plus we neighbors, all 5 or 6 of us on my road, watch out for each other. A buddy of mine was held at the point of a shotgun while the neighbor called me to verify he wasn't stealing.......LOL

·
Registered
710 Posts
Satan said:
Worse when the kids are out of school... seen some low-class kids riding their bikes thru our neighborhood scoping sheeyat out. Just wanna drop kick 'em.
I feel the same way ever since my car got broken into while it was in my garage. Fuckers are so easy to spot too since they're so out of place.

·
7M Love
735 Posts
I would hate to lose my tools... There is one thing riding for me though; my best tools dont look so great because they used to be my great grandfather's on his farm (back when they made tools right and solid ).

Will home owner's insurance cover anything like that?

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
Why yes, yes it will.

Yah i could probably buy 5 of my supras for the amount of just hand tools we have...

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Mr. Sinister said:
I feel the same way ever since my car got broken into while it was in my garage. Fuckers are so easy to spot too since they're so out of place.

EXACTLY. Call it profiling or whatever... I live in a very nice neighborhood and left the ghetto loooong ago. So when I see one of my 20-year-old homies, riding a bike, with his shorts sagging and some gold spots in the grill, looking like a Katrina evacuee... I know what he's there for. I just give 'em some eye contact and say "what's up?" It's when you ain't around that you gotta worry.... I'm pretty careful these days.

Here's something off of my Home Owner's Association group-list.... I'd like the oppty to knock 'em silly.

In my job, I have frequent dealings with law enforcement entities. This
week, I was informed that the summer season garage thefts have begun. This
week, an off-duty officer in The Colony actually caught a couple teenagers
in his garage with armfuls of items and their car running in the alley. His
wife was working in the back yard and heard the kids rustling around. These
kids were arrested but the off-duty officer decided not to press charges,
feeling the heavy shots to the jaw of one of the kids was satisfaction
enough. The kids' parents had to bail them out of jail, which was also
satisfying. Realize that school is out for the summer and some kids have
nothing better to do. Keep your garages closed, even if you are working in
the yard, as these kids have no conscience and they can be very quick at
grabbing something of value and driving away before you know it.

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
Satan said:
EXACTLY. Call it profiling or whatever... I live in a very nice neighborhood and left the ghetto loooong ago. So when I see one of my 20-year-old homies, riding a bike, with his shorts sagging and some gold spots in the grill, looking like a Katrina evacuee... I know what he's there for. I just give 'em some eye contact and say "what's up?" It's when you ain't around that you gotta worry.... I'm pretty careful these days.
:werd: I know just how it is, now that we're older, (engaged, buying my own house, runnin a business, etc.) we tend 2 b alot more careful, my mother used 2 yell at me for leaving my keys in my car lol, my car was always unlocked wit tha key in it, and it would drive her nuts how careless i was, i always thought, meh its a great neighborhood, i have nothing 2 worry about. Till last summer, when one of my cars got stolen and crashed in2 a house down tha street from here...its very gay but we tend 2 learn tha hard way. Just like satan's post says, keep ur garage door closed, no matter how nice tha neighborhood is. I grew up in a 3 family house, and now i'm living wit my parents in a big ass house nice ass neighborhood etc, and still there are thefts!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts