Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Someone is blowin someone at that organization cause gm interiors suck ass. IMHO honda and toyota tie for some of the nicest, most well thought out interiors for the money. After that I think its a strong matter of personal preferance. Where do marques like bentley, porsche, ferrari, koeniggsegg, pagani, etc fall in terms of this interior test?

8,181 Posts
GM interiors is one big ass piece of cheap plastic. i thought infiniti or lexus were top of the list.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Infiniti's interior is a step ahead of gm for sure but no where close to lexus, take a look at the 350 z interior, the plastics are horrible. Same with the latest pathfinder and qx56 (which they want 55K+ for).

·
Registered
227 Posts
GM gets huge heat for their interiors when the reality is that most imports are negligibly better and sometimes even worse, yet one never hears such vocal criticisms of those as you do of GM and other domestics. It's simply not deserved.

I rent a lot of cars as I travel quite often so I think I have a very good basis for comparison. For example when comparing both the Toyota Coralla and Chevy Cobalt base level trims, anyone who would claim that the Toyota interior is better is simply on crack. The Corolla was awful compared to the Cobalt! The flat black trim peices were made of a very cheap plactic which would scratch very easily and they were quite visible and just the general grade of the dash and trim panel materials was quite lacking. Also when contrasting the Camry and Impala SS, I found it quite tough to choose any winner. Though the SS seats were much better than the Camry, the rest of it was all very similar.

·
Wangan Nasty
1,807 Posts
Mazda and Honda and BMW for me. I liked the IS300/GS and LS interiors. But i cannot stand the Es and new IS interiors.

Toyota and Infiniti interiors feel cheap. I dunno why, but they just do.

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
as a general rule - people are stupid. That is all.

·
Weapon of Mass Affection
3,778 Posts
This is based purely on design and theory. Things like quality are not concerned. And for that I believe the new Lincolns should have swept the competition. Period. Lincoln and Cadillac can do a one two sweep on Europe if they had more money. This is why the list is so obtuse to everyone's thinking. Audi or Lexus would be tops if the panel was concerned with quality or fit and finish, but they aren't. As far as design goes the best teams in the world go; Cadillac, Lincoln, Audi, Mercedes, BMW. Regardless of if you like their cars or what they are doing, they are really the only ones doing something different and that is what these surveys are about. Who is going to set the standard for the next guy and make them do a double take at what they thought the rules were. Before the Ridgeline nobody was doing factory made "trucks" with a lockable trunk in the bed. Before the Solstice how many cars under 20 grand would you buy purely because of it's looks? It's one of the prettiest cars ever. Or how about the S-Class, seats that conform to an individuals back electronically. When did anyone else do that? These winners are the one's with ideas everyone will copy next year.

·
Professional Troll
586 Posts
You just need to knock on any peice in the interior of a typical GM car to hear a 'wonderful' noise........ugh :ugh2:

·
Wobbiest: Three Laws Safe
6,137 Posts
TrueSlideXL said:
This is based purely on design and theory. Things like quality are not concerned. And for that I believe the new Lincolns should have swept the competition. Period. Lincoln and Cadillac can do a one two sweep on Europe if they had more money. When I am done with design school Detriot will be where I am heading. This is why the list is so obtuse to everyone's thinking. Audi or Lexus would be tops if the panel was concerned with quality or fit and finish, but they aren't. As far as design goes the best teams in the world go; Cadillac, Lincoln, Audi, Mercedes, BMW. Regardless of if you like their cars or what they are doing, they are really the only ones doing something different and that is what these surveys are about. Who is going to set the standard for the next guy and make them do a double take at what they thought the rules were. Before the Ridgeline nobody was doing factory made "trucks" with a lockable trunk in the bed. Before the Solstice how many cars under 20 grand would you buy purely because of it's looks? It's one of the prettiest cars ever. Or how about the S-Class, seats that conform to an individuals back electronically. When did anyone else do that? These winners are the one's with ideas everyone will copy next year.
I thought quality would be included - that changes a lot. I have to agree with you on Lincoln - not sure about sweeping, but very good. The new Zephyr has a great look and I'll tell you what - the more I look at that ugly ass 07 Nav, the more I love that ugly ass 07 Nav. and I sweat the interior hard. I have beef with the plasticy leather, but the square gauges, the beefy dash, the elongated center dash section and even that ugly ass grill have me falling for it. So does the new MKX - its just so ridiculous I love it. If Lincoln just bumps up there leather appointments and few other things they will have a big fan over here.

Volvo has always been great with ergonomics in general. Its one of the few manufacs you never have to look for anything. As your finger starts heading in the direction you think it should be going - its always right.

The TriBeCa B9 has a great interior, and the stow and go is a really a great idea - kind of a no brainer in concept, but I am sure not that easy in practice without having a massive floor.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts