Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate dc roads.. So f'ing bad. Busted, broken everywhere.
Today it cost me.
Driving to work in the morning, where newyork ave becomes rt50, ofcourse its littered with potholes and this is like a major road..Anyhow i hit it and hear a hissing noise and pull over and sure enough my wheel is bent to shit and my tires sidewall is busted. Thank god, its didnt completely explode and i made me loose control. After carefull backing up on the shoudler i get to an exit. Drive for a bit on the busted tire, luckely i spot an auto part shop and they help me put on a spare.. By the way, i dont carry a spare due to subwoofers taking up the spare tire space. Thankfully, a guy from work drove it down for me.
All in all I hate dc roads. The have already f'ed up my suspension. Not sure whats going on over there but its making a clunking noise over every bumb, I suspect worn out/busted mounts/bushings.

Anyone know where to get a wheel repaired. Only place i know is ye olde wheel shoppe, but thats in elkrigde, (i live in the district). any place closer. Its an enkei 17" rpf1.

Oh, and driving with the spare wheel on the back is funny.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
you should sue the city or something !

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I know how you feel. It was funny when both my girl and I were driving from NY to PA in our cars...If she was in front, I'd watch her serve potholes and I'd then do the same. I think we were the only 2 cars in a row that were serving around them.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i called up a friend who had a similar thing happen to his A4. (tranny got shredded).. He tried to get the county (montgomery) to pony up and they denied it. Im not sure if mine was in DC or PG county, either way, im sure im not gonna see a dime..
It just gonna cost me either way so it probably cheaper to fix the rim and buy a new tire.
Damn DC roads....jeez.

·
Banned
5,064 Posts
Rowdi,

Where did you get your rpf1 from, im looking for them in 18" but a different finish.

Ye Olde is the only competent wheel shop I know.

good luck.
vnt ;)

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
I've been in dc and the roads are always better around the capitol area! However the roads are better than NY. I know how you feel.

·
Registered
802 Posts
i think the roads are that bad becuase they need to keep all the road crew employed... :dunno:

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
New Hapture is the same thing... me and acouple of my friends were driving to pick up a car one of em just bought from an auction 5 ppl in the car.... the bumps were soo bad that every time he hit one i taught of two things... one either im going to crack my heard open or two he is going to need to replace the cealing of his altima ..... he's lucky that the rest of the car stayed in one piece.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts