Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sorry for having to ask this but since the search does not work and I am new to the TT scene what are the stock twins? Are they the same turbos as the MKIII or different. I just bought one that might need the turbos replaced and I need to know what to get so I can do this. Thank you and again I apologize for asking this question!

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
The "stock twins" are the stock twin (two) turbos on the MKIV Supra. They are CT-12's I believe in the US version. The MKIII Supra has a single turbo on it, and that is a CT-26 turbo. They are very much different :)

·
Last stock TT on Earth
625 Posts
If you're ok with buying used, you should have no problem finding them at a real good price. Most people just go single when the twins give out, though.

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
I have the whole stock twin turbo set up for sale with 77,500 miles on it if your interested send me a pm. My opinion would be to go single its too much trouble putting the stock setup back on.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
definately save for a single. Its bad enough taking the stock twins off, I couldnt imagine putting all that BS back on.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it really that complicated to remove the #2 and replace it? I have access to lifts, air tools etc....if it really is that bad maybe I will jsut cruise around lightly on it until i sell one of these investment houses and purchase a mild single kit.

·
EchoDeDupra
4,122 Posts
It is a bitch and a half....

What took me the longest going single was pulling my stock twins. There are so many nuts/bolts/etc. that have to be taken off systematically to get everything off. Using a FSM, it still took at least 5-8 hours fighting the stubborn parts (Even soaked in PB Plaster) to get the Twins off.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hehe well i pretty much decided that I am going to go single instead of fixing the twins.....I am thinking about that 1300 dollar kit with a different turbo...thanks for the info!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts