Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay! was driving home tonight doing about 50 down a 40 country road. Hit a bump and the hood flies up cracked the windshield, dented the roof. Hoods shit. I fucking want to die right now, I just got everything else running right and this happens. This fucking sucks, an easy 3k im sure. Pics soon. Only plus I see coming out of this, new hood, front bumper, and maybe paint

Matt

·
Supra TT Senior
1,886 Posts
Roof looks ok...windshield and hood are relatively cheap. Hope everything works out for you matt.

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
be thankful u had the targa top on if it wasnt you could be dead. same shit happend to me. cept the hood pins did a number on the targa.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blk96SupraTT said:
Time for a new CF hood and windshield. The hood looks like it just needs to be cleaned up and maybe repainted. But good luck man.

look towards the rear of the roof you can see the dents

Matt

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
DTSupra30 said:
Yay! was driving home tonight doing about 50 down a 40 country road. Hit a bump and the hood flies up cracked the windshield, dented the roof. Hoods shit. I fucking want to die right now, I just got everything else running right and this happens. This fucking sucks, an easy 3k im sure. Pics soon. Only plus I see coming out of this, new hood, front bumper, and maybe paint

Matt
Sorry to hear it. Now would be a good time to go for silver!
Are you sure you had the hood latched properly? I just can't see the hood popping loose otherwise.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Could be alot worse.

·
Captain Hammer
2,020 Posts
By the looks of it, aftermarket hood with no hood pins, good job there!

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
That shit gets your attention ASAP dont it! I failed to close my hood all the way one day on my '85 Corolla GTS after messin around with an oil change etc and had the hood fly open at 60mph on the freeway. My soilant was not GREEN if you know what I mean lol!

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Sorry to see that,looks about $3k to fix,hope you get it fixed right,and for the future, stock hoods never fail ! it's the cheap shit fiberglass hoods that fall apart from catching a little air thru the vents

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave- Yes i did have the veilside hood, lol howd you miss that?

Everyone else- thanks for the kind of words of encouragment, and i think im going with 97-98 headlights, bomex widemouth front bumper. and TRD carbon fiber hood with HOOD PINS haha. Then maybe just maybe a new RSP paint job and wingless

Matt

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,757 Posts
Maybe you want to try a reverse hood conversion (like old style Japanese cars where the hood opens backwards) so that way if it ever pops up again it doesn't smash into everything else.

[/useless suggestion]

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,717 Posts
Great idea although it makes working under the hood a PITA but you do have the pimp factor working for you!

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
and i've been telling everyone here to ALWAYS RUN PINS on ANY AFTERMARKET HOOD.

good luck and hopefully you'll do the right thing next time!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts