Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Fabatini is in the house!
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a couple weeks ago I went to court for a ticket. Judge gave me 5 points and said I was lucky he wasnt suspending my lisence. Well I apealed it. This mornning I check the mail and I have something from dmv. I open it up, it says my lisence has been suspended and that If i havent turned it in alreayd I should do so. WTF is wrong with the court systems these days. I havent even had my apeal trial and my lisence is revoked? I have to go to work in nyc on monday and have no clue how im getting there or around. I have also been driving for 2 weeks now I guess on a revoked lisence. Sorry about the rant I am just pissed off that a judge did this. The suspention is only dor 30 days which half of it is almost up but wtf this stuff pisses me off.

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
90 in a 65, but I have no prior tickets. And the asshat of a judge even said I should be happy hes not suspending my lisence. Then I get this ugh....

·
Banned
612 Posts
do the crime, do the time.. sucks but 90 is a little excessive dont you think?

·
Registered
404 Posts
antoniosz32 said:
Well a couple weeks ago I went to court for a ticket. Judge gave me 5 points and said I was lucky he wasnt suspending my lisence. Well I apealed it. This mornning I check the mail and I have something from dmv. I open it up, it says my lisence has been suspended and that If i havent turned it in alreayd I should do so. WTF is wrong with the court systems these days. I havent even had my apeal trial and my lisence is revoked? I have to go to work in nyc on monday and have no clue how im getting there or around. I have also been driving for 2 weeks now I guess on a revoked lisence. Sorry about the rant I am just pissed off that a judge did this. The suspention is only dor 30 days which half of it is almost up but wtf this stuff pisses me off.
Hey bro, first of all, you needed to get a lawyer. If you did, you would not have had this problem.

Seeing that u had no priors, then you would have gotten off with some other shit, like careless driving, or unlicensed driver. Trust me, with the right lawyer, the shot works.

So, with that being said, if you want PM me for some top notch counsel, and I'll hook you up. It's up tp you. I'm not a lawyer, but I have one, and he has saved me. He needs to save you. Let me know, otherwise, for the next couple years, you'll be paying out your ass....

Good Luck,
NJ does sucks, but when you get to fuck NJ, do so, cause it feels real good doing so.....

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
See if a lawyer would be worth it like someone stated. Next time try to follow traffic or just stick to <80mph on the highway in a 65 zone.

And when you save enough money, buy a V1 :bigthumb:

Hope everything works out

·
Registered
252 Posts
antoniosz32 said:
90 in a 65, but I have no prior tickets. And the asshat of a judge even said I should be happy hes not suspending my lisence. Then I get this ugh....
maybe you shouldn't of appealed it. i bet when he saw that you were appealing, he probably said ******* *******, suspend his dumbass!!!

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
money isnt the issue, the issue the judge said my lisence wasnt suspended, then I get this in the mail that it is. I coule have been pulled over again and had mt car impounded cause this guy felt like being a wise ass. by apealing He cant sentance me anyway, it has to wait till I go to superior court.

·
In The Sonoran Desert
447 Posts
what exactly are you appealing? I'm confused. 5pts for 90 in 65 seems a little excessive but then I do not know NJ law

·
SUPRAS FOR LIFE
4,188 Posts
damn....im sorry to hear that man......u should go to the court and present proof on u appealing the judgement.......there must have been a mistake at the dmv....or the judge screwed up and closed ure case instead of keeping it open...or the judge is just acting like a dick since u are questioning his judgement.....could be anything man...well good luck with sorting it out man!!!

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
route one in plainsboro. It turns into a 3 lane highway and is a 65mph zone. There is an old state trooper building which is not in use anymore and they hide on the side of it. Since I have to drive that road almost everyday to get to my girlfriends house(where I was comming from) I always look there and 95 percent of the time, there is a cop there.

P

·
0 Posts
this seems very strange. I'd say 90 mph is about the average speed that someone gets pulled over for on the NJ Turnpike. (well, maybe 80 to 85 mph). But still, suspended license with no priors? Who did you piss off over there? I find being scared and humble helps (haven't had a ticket since 1994, but before then, I couldn't catch a break). Anyway, I feel for you.

·
Registered
868 Posts
must have been a screw up, call the court Monday and straighten out that problem.
What were you doing going 90mph by that spot when you know there are always cops there?
Rte.1 is not the place to be doing high speeds anyway.

·
Registered
252 Posts
also be prepared to get a letter in the mail by the State of New Jersey Automobile Insurance Surcharge/Collection. I also got 5 points on my license and the judge was an ahole. didn't even give me a plea bargain even though i pleaded guilty. i had to pay $200 every year to the State of New Jersey Automobile Insurance. i had no choice...either pay or get my license taken away.

·
320hp
1,009 Posts
i had the same problem... i have mad points... and i had a ticket 86 in a 55... they dropped it to an unsafe driver with no license suspension... i got the notice a week later saying my licease would be suspensed, i appealed...then i try'd to postpone the date, and didnt go. So i sweat'd out the 30 days, basically i parked to supra, and drove some nonchalant shit....

·
MKIII Owner and Dam proud
367 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
90 in a 65 should only be 4 points, he must have given you like unsafe driving or something also

i got a ticket for going 91 in a 65 a few years ago, but i ended up with 2 points and probation for a year, and i had a lawyer

·
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I used the ticketslayer papers acutlly, judge ignorred them. Those papers are the reason I have no points on my lisence, thus the apeal. I just called the court house, they accidentely chekced the box off for lisence suspention to the dmv. I swear people need to start shooting these morons that run our towns.

·
Registered
404 Posts
antoniosz32 said:
I used the ticketslayer papers acutlly, judge ignorred them. Those papers are the reason I have no points on my lisence, thus the apeal. I just called the court house, they accidentely chekced the box off for lisence suspention to the dmv. I swear people need to start shooting these morons that run our towns.
Which reminds me, I got a letter in the mail from DMV stating since I didn't pay the reinstation fee, I'll still be suspended. Normally, they send you the "you're suspended" letter, then when you're restored, you get the "restored letter". If you don't pay, then they send you the "you have not payed the reinstation" letter, which I got friday. Weird. i wonder if I go pay today, it will now say I'm fully able to drive. Seriously, these people are fucked up. I don't trust them. Check and make sure. I wil today.... Some one should hack into their computers and reallt fuck shit up there....

1 - 20 of 42 Posts