Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got some bad news today about my supra. i had a bad cdi box after i bought the car and it was all wired in all stupid and wrong so i copied the coil pack setup off my buddies 97 supra and i went and wired it up. i had to send my aem out to get rebuilt cus it blew and that took a month and a half. so we decided to put a mass air and a a ecu in the car and it didnt run or turn over at that matter. wen we went to take the ecu out it was warm to the touch. i have no idea whats wrong with it but im getting pissed. anyone know anything and if you need more info let me know.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'd check your hot wires and make sure they are not going to ground. Sounds like you have a dead short.

Alittle more info on your car (year) and when your talking cdi box do you mean igniter or if not what ignition cdi has been installed on the car? Also I take it the car ran after you bought it and it died after you rewired it?

You really should look here: http://www.mkiv.com/manual/ and look for the wiring diagram of your problem area.

When you find the diagram look for dead shorts in your wiring against ground using a voltmeter set to ohms to look for your possible short.

Mike

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its a 97 tt and it had a aem cdi in it and one day wen i went to clean it i pulled it out the garage and wen i went to put it back it the car did nothing so i called aem and they sed its the cdi plus i had a lil write up on here. so i took the cdi out and wired it back to stock which i copied the order off my buddies 97 tt. well i wired it back to ctock to do a dli. i also sent my aem back and they sed something was wrong with that so that got fixed. but like you sed it might be a short and i have a guy working on it tomorrow but a lil help will still do good. thanks man

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
sjshredder said:
haha mike at least you know whats wrong with yours its been 2 months and im still clueless
don't worry, mike is still clueless, too......... :eek4dance :bootyshak ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just received the NEW replacement for the old defective AEM CDI. It works flawlessly. Before I installed it, I double checked the wiring diagram. The most important item to me is to make sure the car will run with the bypass plug installed. Triple check the polarity at each connection. That was my initial mistake.
Now the car drives with or without the CDI installed. I hope this applies to your situation because it can be remedy easily. If it doesn’t, maybe someone else has
another suggestion. Good Luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts