Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Or Am I?
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What should I do?

Well, I've confirmed that I have a BHG. I leave for Marine Corps boot camp in a couple weeks and don't know if I should put forth the effort to replace it and whatnot, or if I should just part out my 87 turbo. I have a few things such as hardpipes, bov, IC, and a couple other things that I could bank on. Or should I replace the HG and sell the whole car as a whole. Or if anyone is interested in the whole car as is PM me. I'd be glad to make some money fast.

BTW, I live in Indianapolis, IN. If I could get some help in replacing the HG that would be great.

-Mike

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
First, you should have named this thread anything else. People probably are not going to respond to this based on the name. Anyway, I say if you like the car, replace the headgasket, and keep it. But if you don't have time for it anymore, you may get more money for it, parting it out.

·
slower than a turtle
1,096 Posts
im in louisville ky i could do a stock head gasket job for you pretty easily but if your leaving that soon i cant get up there with a day to spend in the next week or two because of finals

·
Ask First Search Later
519 Posts
You can give it to me!! No if you are just going to do a quick fix to get it running, I got a Fel-pro headgasket you can have for just shipping costs. Also got an extra set of ARP bolts for $10 plus shipping. Anything to help a Supra owner keep their supra!! :)

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
mysupra87 said:
You can give it to me!! No if you are just going to do a quick fix to get it running, I got a Fel-pro headgasket you can have for just shipping costs. Also got an extra set of ARP bolts for $10 plus shipping. Anything to help a Supra owner keep their supra!! :)
We need more of this guy on this forum! You FTW!

·
239RWHP @ 9PSI
1,882 Posts
good luck on fixing it.. btw great that you picked the marines!

i might be enrolling when im done with hs. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
286 Posts
i love the responses of generous forum members! that's just awesome, but if you want to sell....i am a supra owner in need with money in hand. good luck on your decision, and best of luck in basic

·
Needs More 1jz
987 Posts
well if you dont fix it the coolant will sit in the bore prolly rust it so its a if you like the car or not kinda thing.

·
LEADED FUEL ONLY
2,068 Posts
How do you konw you have a BHG?

Overheating? You have no fan shroud. It'll overheat when sitting in traffic without a shroud. You should take a look at things before you instantly call it a bhg.

·
Or Am I?
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It overheated while I was going 70 down the interstate. It's puffing white smoke out of the exhaust. Someone told me that another way of telling it to take off the rad. cap and start the car. I did this and it went nuts. Oil isn't milky, coolant isn't oily, but I have other symptoms of a BHG.

·
Ask First Search Later
519 Posts
You have a minor BHG then, not a mojor one, Mine got worse then it idled horribly, spit coolant at me through the overflow tank, milky oil and oily coolant. Replace now, or will get worse.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts